Tennessee ranked #23

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MaconVol, Jan 13, 2015.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

In the way to early preseason poll for 2015 by Schlabah.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ugh. So are they saying we should win 8 games? I feel like that is what they are saying.

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I feel like we should.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Exactly what I thought. 23 sounds like an 8-4 team, which I believe is a reasonable minimum expectation.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It has us ahead of nine of our 2014 opponents, and two of the ones ahead of us (#8 UGA, #21 Arkansas) are at home. Looks like 9-3 with a shot at 10-2 to me. I'll take that.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Not a fan of preseason polls in general but I think they'll finish around #20 when all is said and done.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is... Next year really is judgement day for this staff. 8 wins or stfu and gtfo omfg wtf bbq ddp stunner.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

8 wins is the minimum.

I expect 9

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama is still Alabama, but they lose a lot. I expect they'll round out to form about the time Tennessee gets on their schedule.

I don't really pay attention to UGA's ranking because Richt. I have given up predicting anything for UGA.

Arkansas is scary, but they lose their two best defenders and Chaney went to Pitt.

I suspect Florida will suck in 2015.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. Time to pile on the reasonable expectations.

And lol, TonyB just announced UT is raising ticket prices 6% across the board.

Ten Billion from the SEC Network not enough? **** you, UT. **** you.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just don't understand it. CFB and NFL tickets are overpriced in the age of HD.

12. NorrisAlan

Exactly. I have thought about taking my kids to the games from time to time, but the hassle, the time and the price is just prohibitive. I can sit in my house, with my big ass chair, with my big ass TV and my big ass beverage of choice and watch the game as well as two other games on at the same time.

I don't know how they pull in 100k as it is.

13. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

We had season tickets this year in section CC (decent seats) that cost $400 a seat with no donation. As soon as the last game is over we get something in the mail telling us it will be $450 a seat plus $500 donation per seat. We told them to keep em.

14. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Just more proof of how the AD has such low expectations, that they consider a 6-6 season worthy of pay raises and ticket price increases.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Pretty much. If my father-in-law wasn't getting free tickets and a parking pass, I probably wouldn't go to very many games.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I like the atmosphere, but after the UF crapfast the stadium lost all that. I didn't attend another one after that for the rest of the year, despite owning season tickets.

17. NorrisAlan

I used to like the the atmosphere, but the Jumbotron was the end of the line for me. Piped in commercials. And now a DJ instead of a band (yes, the band had stale music, but you could change that).

Call me an old fogey, but the stadium is no where near as electric as it was in 1992.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I really disliked the disruptive nature of the jumbotron commercials.

19. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

ut ad has been scrambling this morning to draft a new contract extension.

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

CFB 247 has Tennessee @ #24 Early Top 25 Rankings for 2015

AP ... no love