The 2012 World Series: Detroit Tigers vs. The San Francisco Giants

Discussion in 'Sports' started by robvols, Oct 22, 2012.

1. robvols

robvols Member

Pretty interesting series here. You have a hot hitting Detroit Tigers team with a surprising pitching staff vs. a Giants team that is hitting on all cylinders with clutch hitting and a pitching staff that can have its ups and downs.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Too soon.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Detroit in 5.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I hope Detroit sweeps them. I hate the Giants!

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

This Series does employ my two favorite managers in the game today.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Give me the Tigers in 6.

On a side note, I want Leyland to get another ring so I will be rooting for the Tigers.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The Giants eliminated 2 of the 3 teams in the playoffs that I hate and the Tigers only eliminated 1, so I'm rooting for the Giants, thought Detroit is OK too.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I pretty much quit caring when the Cardinals go out.

9. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

GO Tigers!!! Got to like their chances in game 1 with Verlander.

10. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Go Tigers! I still have family in Detroit, so this choice is easy. Bad start though....

11. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Ughh SanFran has it going on tonight at least it's a series and hopefully things will change tomorrow.

12. robvols

robvols Member

Verlander got beaten by a Zito? NO

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Verlander was off all night. Definitely some rust there.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Fister hit on head with comebacker. Staying in the game but brings flashbacks back to me. I hate seeing that.

15. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

SF. Since I am a fan of one of the two teams The Dooz hates (Reds). Saw a game with the Tigers/Reds in Cincy in June. They were even on talent back then.

Agree on the managers - two of the very best. But really respect Bruce B. Would take either one over Dusty Baker in one of NYY's minutes.

16. Flashman

Flashman New Member

I was just hoping for a good series to watch. Fat chance now.

17. robvols

robvols Member

The Tigers got bested at a pitcher's park. Throwing Lincecum out there may give the Tigers hope at their place.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You took one off the dome?

19. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

That was an amazing performance by Fister IMO. To not come out from the head shot is one thing - big time gutsy. To not be gun shy and start nibbling too much on the edges is another. Props to him.

SF has the look and the sense of urgency. Still time for the Tigers, though.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Sure did. Not long after one of my teammates had his career ended by it. I legitimately had nightmares about it for a good month after it happened. Had to learn to pitch again out of pure fear. Finally had to suck it up and roll with it.