The AD thread.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It is apparent that both her and DW want their name stamped on the return of Vol football

A-Smith likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Did anybody ask about black jerseys?

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He's probably at the Shoneys on Alcoa Highway, 6 hot fudge sundaes deep, fuming right now and wondering how we could do this to him.

I hope we've seen the last of him ever around Tennessee Football.

InVolNerable and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Honestly, I think it's less about that and more about her not having to answer Brent Hubbs' emails anymore.

She's basically replacing a guy who did nothing with one of the best in the business, so now she doesn't have to deal with this shit. She seems thrilled. I would be, too.

I just love the "hey, why don't we hire that guy who's really good at this and step out of the way" attitude.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

hot fudge cakes, dumbass

NorrisAlan, A-Smith and utvol0427 like this.
  6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Buddy’s or Texas Roadhouse

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

True.

I've shamed my family. My grandparents are probably rolling in their graves at that [uck fay] up.

8. Ssmiff

brent hubbs sounds like hes got a mouth full of cotton and using a plastic bottomless cup to project his voice.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

He was promoted way beyond his competence.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

What about the National Championship comment?

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I guess my head just got turned by the multiple championships in football and basketball and a matching one in baseball.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no sympathy for fulmer. he got his money. His legacy is pretty much a guy who rode UT to wealth and fame, and gave nothing back.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Look, Fulmer bad AD all day long, but you folks understand 98 happened. No one else has gotten us there in most of our lifetimes. His legacy is bent, not broken. If any of you think he won't be back at Neyland sometime in the future waving to an adoring crowd, you are fooling yourself. Read this as a PSA.

14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

All while couching himself as a “Tennessee Guy”...

Other than ‘98, I can’t really think of anything he was part of that amounted to anything. The recruiting streak UT was on over the 80’s 90’s and the first part of 2000 wasn’t really HIS doing. Other than Cutcliffe, his assistants didn’t go on to do anything great that I can think of. Chavis is as overrated as can be.

PilotFlyingJ and IP like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

cool. I became a UT student in 2002. His legacy is his 37500 dollar a month buyout after leading us into ncaa sanctions while looking the other way.

16. Ssmiff

Im one who doesnt hate fulmer. Also dont think he planned on being AD for very long and 100% sure he had no plans to get back into coaching. Also dont think we need to pay him 1.2 million over the next 3 years. Waste. He loves UT and himself, no doubt, but we are in a better place now and many of us liked Pruitt until his stubborness turned to stupidity. Glad hes moving on.

Memtownvol and fl0at_ like this.
  17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He made some great hires and some terrible ones

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If somebody wasn't working he pulled the plug pretty quick is the main thing I liked about him. We would have let Zook stay for a decade probably.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He's a charlatan who worked overtime with his buddies to destroy the athletic department.

SetVol13 likes this.
  20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That Fulmer goodwill is gone. He may get a victory lap just because he was the last championship coach, but there's no romance to it anymore.