POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t believe you’re right about that. Will try to go back and find the best analysis I saw of recent jobs report.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

We did this somewhere on here not long ago.

3. HCKevinSteele

We might have touched on the subject but I don’t recall you posting anything validating what your opinion is here. Skimming some BLS stuff right now and it would seem to support what I’m saying.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why would I want to do this again if last time I posted a bunch of stuff you don't even remember?

5. HCKevinSteele

Maybe I was super busy and forgot but I’d put my money on whatever you posted not meaning or proving what you think it does. Most of your economy takes recently seem to be basically the party line out of the Biden admin. And the simplest way I know to put it is that it doesn’t jibe with reality on the ground. And that’s why Biden’s poll numbers on the economy are shit.

And it blows my mind that serious and well intentioned people don’t understand this. They think Americans either aren’t aware of the good things the Biden admin has done, or refuse to give the admin credit for those good things. Both are incorrect and/or misguided.

Generally speaking, people care about what affects their lives. Has the Biden admin done things that positively impact average Americans? To me the answer is unequivocally yes. I will give the admin credit for doing a lot of things that meet the spirit of what Obama campaigned on being but never was. The problem is that those things are microscopic in comparison to what impacts people and their opinions the most. And much of it Biden realistically cannot fix or materially change. So instead of crafting the right message, they try to treat Americans like children and tell them things are great when for many people it’s just not the case and things are worse than they were before the inflation bomb exploded.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm often put in the position of having to make a case, and others often are not. Even here, you are making a claim, but are asking me to prove you wrong without ever having demonstrated your claim.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Perhaps link it and tell him why it supports your argument

8. HCKevinSteele

Prepping for a busy week right now but if I have time this evening I’ll nerd out a little bit and post some charts/data and explain what it means, or what I think it means to the extent it’s murky or different info may seem contradict my thoughts.

emainvol likes this.
  9. HCKevinSteele

For what it’s worth please know I’m not ever purposefully doing that to you, or anyone for that matter. My biggest blind spot is probably taking for granted what I know/believe that is based on career experiences. I don’t know what Zehr does for a living but it seems he and I are frequently on the same page. He can offer a thought or what he believes is an objective fact without supporting evidence and I may not ask for any backup because I don’t need it, I know what he’s talking about.

Obviously this stuff is complicated and none of us have all of the answers, but it’s not always necessarily political as much as it is perspective. Which is why I’ve said several times before we’re probably not as far off as it may seem. A lot can get lost in translation when you’re not talking face to face in my opinion.

zehr27 likes this.
  10. HCKevinSteele

I know I still owe you the longer post, crazy busy right now. For the time being, you see the CPI?

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Looks like things are going to get even worse in the middle east.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bruce Pearl getting in on things

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

What a tool.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Shut up and coach people to dribble

zehr27 likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If we’d turn Iran into a parking lot I’m convinced the Middle East would ratchet down 100 notches.

zehr27 likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

People get all hysterical, but Iran has not accomplished shit so far. Seems like Israel and the US have it handled

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Maybe. But you should also realize that the Iranian people themselves are not really radical at all. It's a weird country

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You think Iran is going to stop?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes, this was saving face.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think they’re crazy, idk how stupid they are