POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Crypto is a rollercoaster and has been for years

SetVol13 likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

For what? I read an article which said capital gains taxes may double, and it may have an effect. I also don't like the idea of them doubling taxes on people who have been smart with investing and already pay more taxes than 95% of the country. No matter who's idea to raise, I don't like it. You probably don't care because it doesn't affect you. Doesn't affect me right now either but it's still not cool.

3. Ssmiff

More info on how the increase could affect some of the stock you own in your own portfolio. Highest cap gains % since WW2. People think oh it only hurts the really wealthy and they have too much money anyway. There is a potential trickle effect to consider. This isn't a trump vs biden thing unless you want it to be. This is a policy you either agree with or don't.
    https://grow.acorns.com/biden-capital-gains-tax-proposal-and-your-investments/

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Then this will be a mistake I make again.

5. faildozer

faildozer Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

*draws a breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

JudgmentVol and SetVol13 like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

My opinion is pretty nuanced on it, but does not include believing the upper bracket pays more in taxes as a % of income, because that just isn't true.

7. Ssmiff

Well let's see. Didnt vote for Trump. Didnt want him reelected. Don't want him running again. Mentioned early on I hope biden does well. Show me more neutral than that, FD.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree with it, and it negatively affecting the stock market short-term is not at all persuasive to me.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You just described me. I guess I'm neutral too!

10. Ssmiff

Nah your tune changes too much depending on the messenger instead of the message. It becomes about who said it and what is their lean, instead of the point being made.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, now you just described yourself, regarding the stock market and crypto as I just pointed out.

12. Ssmiff

Crypto is tongue in cheek. Gotta get some Biden bashing since we all had to read it everyday for 4 years re trump and every tweet, word or action from him. Questioning biden seems taboo. Shocked I tell ya.
    Ive cited 3 articles about capital gains and havent noticed or cared who wrote them, but again don't like the idea of the highest rate in 80 years, 3 months after being on office.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Taboo? What, did you expect to just post things and everyone agree with it? Is not agreeing with you and having an exchange with you some sort of scarlet letter for you to bear?

14. Ssmiff

not at all. You will defend Biden and point to Trump, regardless of the subject. It's not hard to figure out, so no I wouldn't expect you to ever agree with someone questioning a decision or comment of his.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are things I disagree with regarding Biden, though you are right that I see hardly anything redeemable regarding Trump. I don't think it is something anyone has to figure out, it isn't like I don't just, you know, say stuff. But then you think this is all rah rah go team from me so I guess it might be a a real head scratcher for you.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

17. fl0at_

If so, then Biden right now gets Trumps. Either way, it's still growing.

But the market has been growing for a while, and is due a correction. I thought it would be the pandemic. Apparently people don't care. I could see a roaring twenties and a crash, just to completely repeat history.

Hell, might even get some repeal of prohibition as well.

IP likes this.
  18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s all a house of cards.

Trump cut regulations which helped strengthen the economy to kick the can down the road but didn’t address the elephant in the room on public spending.

Compounding interest effect on on public spending is going to kill the dollar. We’re getting less and less for every dollar we spend on public projects and our government has out grown our economy.

19. fl0at_

Which countries aren't in the same boat?

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Very few but that just means that countries actually producing things and being productive aren’t going to keep sending goods to us Americans to live beyond our means.

Other countries are already buying fewer and fewer of our bonds. If that keeps happening and the FED becomes the only buyer, the game is over.

I think China is trying to position the yen to be backed by a gold standard or sorts but I don’t have faith in that either.