POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How does Biden's use of EO at this stage of his presidency compare to that of past Presidents?

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

IP shared a link up top that shows EOs by President, by term.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Which includes no information about Biden's EO's during his first days in office.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Biden had 22 in his first week, which is probably a record for the first week. But usually one measures by first 100 days and by term. Trump had over 30 (32?) in his first 100 days, which was the most since Truman who had like 50. Back in 2017, Kellyanne Conway and other Trumpers bragged about it and thought it was a great thing. This was ironic, because Obama was cursed for abusing EO's but actually used them less.

5. fl0at_

So? Biden has been in office since Jan 20th. It's hard to say how he's comparing, as nobody tracks EOs by day in office. So I'll need some way to compare him. How would you like to do it?

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't know why first 100 days is a relevant measuring stick, but if that's what you want to do, we can. Biden is on pace to far exceed Trump, despite stating, during his campaign, that at a certain point, governing by EO is akin to being a dictator.

I don't think any rational person, who wants to see our government function as it was meant to function, wants to see a substantial number of executive orders. I also don't like the finger pointing and justification of "he did it so we can too." You expect a person like Trump to do that, but it's should be below most of these people (right @NorrisAlan?). And it's a slippery slope that is a net negative all around. It's like the people saying Biden should declare the climate a national emergency, just like Trump declared the border a national emergency. Neither one makes much sense, and we shouldn't be justifying one stupid move by saying that the other side already did a similar stupid move. That's an "everybody loses" approach.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's not at all difficult to say how he's comparing, as people are already tracking his EO's by day in office and stating how it compares to other presidents. It's already happening in this thread.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I stopped reading when you insinuated I invented "the first 100 days" as a measuring stick. I'll try to get further later.

9. fl0at_

How can you make a comparison, that is going to have any kind of predictability.

If I say's he's writing 2x the per day average of any President the last 44 years, can you tell me where he'll be in 4 years?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

every time I attempt to engage with Indy in good faith, answering questions whose answers could easily be found online, I immediately regret it. it is just empty arguments to facts he apparently just learned. To facts.

[uck fay]ing first 100 days. my invention, I must be famous. only second to my invention of Presidential terms probably.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not insinuating anything. If measuring EO's by first 100 days is a normal practice, then I'm unaware of it. And even if that's how it is normally done, I don't think we have to wait that long to acknowledge that there is already a massive gap between the current guy and previous guy.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

how can you post on this site but have no access to the internet?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I used the internet to click on the link you posted earlier, which outlined total number of EO's, as well as avg number per year. The chart did not have a column for first 100 days.

So if first 100 days is part of the standard measuring stick for comparing presidents and their EO's, why are you submitting a source that doesn't utilize that measuring stick?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean this respectfully: Google first 100 days and tell me what subject matter comes up, you ignorant, dense mother[uck fay]er. With respect.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Okay you whiny little [itch bay]:

upload_2021-1-28_18-17-46.png

Biden's at 22, according to you (Or do I need to confirm that on the internet so that you don't have another [uck fay]ing breakdown?). So unless he only signs 2 more in the next 92 days, he's going to have more than Trump.

Better?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

upload_2021-1-28_18-21-34.png

upload_2021-1-28_18-23-43.png

If you click on Donald's page, it outlines his # of EO's in the first 100 days. If you click on Obama's, it does not.

So, tell me how, from that, I'm supposed to gather that the standard measuring stick for EO's is the first 100 days?

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

20. cpninja

cpninja Member

EOs are bad when they do bad things and good when they do good things

nothing stopped Trump from passing good EOs but he rarely did, instead he used them for bad, which IMO, is a bad thing. I'd like to see most of Biden's good EOs get backed up with legislation too though to prevent them from simply being reversed in the first week of the next GOP presidents term