The Bust Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Dick Huffman, Feb 4, 2014.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Highly rated, but not that highly rated. I think he was top 100.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Yeah, you're right. I looked him up 71 overall, number 3 in the state. We just heard so much about him here because he was from the mid-state I guess.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Make no mistake, Coker was going to be a national star if he didn't get himself booted.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You think? He would have been part of a three headed monster at TB if everything goes right. I don't know if any of the three (Foster, Hardesty or Coker) would have been household names but all would have been around 800 yards a piece and Tennessee wins a lot more games.

Coker's biggest plays, aside from the UGA catch and run, came against the Marshalls and Mississippi States on the schedule

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I thought that was against UF. Or at least I remember a play with Ainge handing off end round to Lucas Taylor and he threw it to Coker ....

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

UF and UGA both

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think he really stood out at Hampton. He also seemed to get hurt every game. He had the speed to do some things on his own, with zero OL help (which is what he got from the 2006 unit), but overall I don't think he was any better than Hardesty or Foster.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Not being better than those guys is pretty high praise.

10. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Ehh

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Hardesty has to be about the unluckiest guy ever what with injuries and coaches forgetting he was there.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He doesn't blow out a knee against ole Miss, foster is an irrelevant backup here

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Maybe Foster would have actually been the humble, hard nosed, and in shape player that his cheering section at VN claim he always was.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

You don't like the NFL rushing champ and the guy who was better than the NFL rushing champ?

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He probably transfers

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And Coker was an odd bird. He hated being a "celebrity" so to speak on campus. He wanted to be left alone.

17. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Daniel Lincoln was horrid for 3.5 of his 4 years. He ranks up there with Greg Burke.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Should have been recruited over. He had a decent freshman year because Fulmer only let him kick the easy ones. But it was obvious he had no leg and there were plenty of Tennessee guys in that timeframe that could have outdone him had we brought them in.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

At least Burke never jeopardized the teams success by roiding up and attempting to become a power lifter.

20. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

I could care less if his balls shrivel up and talks like mike Tyson. If it helped Burke make that chip shot at Auburn, then I would personally inject him in his ass.