The Coming Quarterback Clash

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jul 16, 2014.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

The only good thing I can say about Simms is that he could take em on the chin all game long and keep getting up. Other side of that coin is that if he'd gotten rid of the dang ball he wouldn't have gotten hit.

2. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

The quarterback dilemma. Who starts, who sits, place your bets. Hey, I made a funny!
    [But nobody is laughing] {Dammit! Why’d you have to spoil it!?}

Starter: Worley. Guy’s a senior, knows it’s his final hurrah if he wants to even sniff a NFL field at all. He’s put in the work. He wasn’t the Gatorade Player of the Year for nothing. So he has some talent that just hasn’t manifested itself yet. Didn’t really have a chance with the previous coaching regime. This is it, do or die and the guy’s not going lie down and croak without a fight. But. You knew it, there’s always a “but”. He must muster up some courage. It’s been mentioned elsewhere and I think I actually saw it, about a picture of Worley shot headon as he ran with the ball. The claim is he looked completely terrified. I mean Godzilla, Cloverfield creature, Pacific Rim Kaijus monsters are on my azz terrified. If he plays statue of Lenin in Red Square while bulldozers are doing excavation work on him, it’s Dobbs time. So I say it’s Worley to start but if he’s losing yards for whatever reason and most likely it will be due to immobility if he does, that’s it. The OL is new, will surely be leaky for a while so the QB has to be able to haul azz when necessary, which could be often to start with.

Certainly, Worley isn’t a dummy and knows this. Just as Lane is well aware that Hurd is just too good to be considered a son of a bench. You’re going to see a different Worley (and Lane for that matter) because they know it’s do or die time. They’re going to storm the beach, seek to claw their way up the cliff, breach the hedges, and street fight their way house by house, I mean game by game. Truth be told, my big concern is in their determination, they may get reckless and end up being carried off the field on their shields, dripping orange blood and sporting gaping wounds. All to the tune Chopin’s Funeral March.

Worley will start. His courage to run will be tested early. He dare not fail. For if he does, Dobbs won’t be giving the job back to him. Worley, will start. The question is, will he keep the job. Only time and courage will reveal this. The time is there, but the courage as yet is unknown. Regardless, I believe this season will be one of our finest hours, deficiencies and naysayers be dayummed. GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

You give off a creepy vibe sometimes.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He mentioned Worley and the NFL in the same sentence. That type of idiocy makes me think he may have suffered some sort of frontal lobe injury.

5. KenTenn

Your thinking is correct. I have an incurable condition known as stubborn faith in the UT Vols teams and players. Even in the face of evidence flatly contradicting that faith. Medical procedures to remove the orange mass embeeded in my brain has only resulted in spontaneous and regenerative growth of the same. The puzzling condition has been given the name of orangus heartus volsan syndrome. It's a disease of which I hold no grief for having. May it get worse and not better for I refuse to take medications meant to relieve the condition.

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Worley will be a good pickup for some greater Knoxville flag football team

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Have you ever heard of a site called, "VolNation"?

Membership is FREE.

Here's a link: www.volnation.com

Enjoy!

8. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

FYP

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Is it inoperable?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If [ddiapos] couldn't kill it, it will never die

11. KenTenn

Thank you for the link. I took a look around and it does seem very big and inhabited by colorful posters. I will lurk without joining for a while to get a better feel for the board. And to avoid what happened here in my being labeled a troll despite my obvious pro-UT bent.

It appears that 8th Maxim, far as I can tell thusfar, is more a clique than just being Vols fans. Which explains the barbs and baiting posts directed my way. But so what? I’ve taken the heartbreak of watching my Vols sink deeper into being SEC bottom feeders and still cheer for and believe in them. So I’m man enough to take the barbs and gibes here. May the Orange and White get it right starting this season. But even if they don’t, I refuse to be ashamed of them. There’s no color combo more beautiful worn by any team in any sport in any place on planet Earth. I now await Worley or Dobbs to make their doubters liars. Even if they don’t, I’ll respect them for putting on the orange and white, putting in the time to be better players, and not backing down from adversity on and off the field. GO VOLS!

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've been ashamed of Tennessee twice, continuing to employ Dooley after UK 2011 and the Bring Bruce back petition.

13. KenTenn

Understood. However, that has naught to do with the players who marched out on the field to represent the orange and white despite administrative and coach incompetence. It's the players I have regard for, not the proto-plasmic glop that put them through that hellish experience. The ones that stayed, played, gave their all despite it all are who I'm talking about. That includes players who were mismanaged and lost a chance to go pro. Example: Teague who should have never been diverted to playing on defense as he was a natural WR. So I agree with you. It's the players I'm all in for. Except for the immature nitwits who can't stay out of trouble even if it ran from them.

14. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

You tell them, Ken

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yassssss

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I actually like the change up he brings to the board.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yep, weak arm and all.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Kenn, you mentioned Worley's Gatorade POY as some evidence that he belongs in the SEC. You're aware that he is the HS equivalent of David Klingler, aren't you? You put any...ANY Knoxville area hs QB in that offense and they throw 30TDs, minimum.

19. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Joey Matthews?

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's a tougher call. At least Clausen had some moxy. Matthews, well, I don't remember a lot of his more redeeming qualities.