The Dooley MIsery Ends in the Morning...He's Fired

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Nov 17, 2012.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's done. Announcement tomorrow morning.

per LWS

2. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

So... he read it on TOS?

3. JD0320

JD0320 New Member

I'm thinking an announcement will be in the moring as well. That last comment he made in the interview tonight said it all.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

What did he say? I didn't catch that.

5. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Dooley has even said in public that Hart said that he wasn't fired if he won the last two games. Guess what, Derek... Or did I imagine that? Beer will mess with your head after a while.

6. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

There we go. Straight from The Fired One's mouth.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He didn't say he wasn't fired. He was saying that Hart "supposedly" hadn't made a decision yet.

8. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Yeah. But the "no decision" was also contingent on going 6-6. That means he is 100% publicly fired as of now. They cannot go 6-6. By Dooley's own words he is fired for not going 6-6. The decision obviously won't be to keep him for not meeting that mark when he was likely unofficially fired at some point in the last month.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Right, I see what you were saying now.

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

There's no way or reason to keep him. He's done

11. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

yeah Volmaul is high as shit.

12. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Scout saying he's fired.

13. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I could have stated it better, but I'm trying to say that even Dooley basically said that he would be fired for losing one of the last two games. I think the decision was already made, but they can't really wiggle out of this after he said that Hart had made no decision in the case that they go 6-6. 6-6 is now out the window. Logically, they should announce his firing.

14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Looks like his team voted him off the island with their play tonight.

15. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Hubbs said it will either be in a statement or a PC early this afternoon.

16. toltmvol

toltmvol New Member

It looked to me like the players mailed it in after Doofus took Bray out of the game in the second quarter.Bray wasn't playing well but not badly enough for Dooley to pull him either.I don't see any way he coaches the last game.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

What do you guys think? Did pulling Bray seal the loss? Would we have won otherwise? It seemed so desperate that the effect was blood in the water.

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I don't know that UT would've won, but they lost all fight when that happened for what little more I watched. The ODU-JMU game on NBC sports was too compelling for me to switch back.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The team wouldn't have quit, tt.

His firing needs to be public and embarrassing. Hart should give his record, read defensive stats aloud and comment on the fans and players quitting on him then give out a press release. Dooley doesn't deserve a chance to defend himself

20. Bdouble

Bdouble Member

Dooley said last night "I have loved everything about Tennessee". He knew before last night. I don't want to see him on the sidelines, but I think he coaches the last game. That has been the plan all along