The Downtown Grill & Brewery Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Jan 12, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You obviously don't watch the NBA much or, for example, Pitino, Huggins or Self with undermanned teams on the road.

2. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I watch plenty of them, Hat. But, I'm teling you, whether you want to agree or not, every last second play has 3 options: if you want to go for the win, make the first two options three point opportunities. It's only good coaching to have, as a last resort, a chance to tie in case your first two options are not there. I'm not sure we're actually even disagreeing. I totally agree we should have tried for the win.

3. hatvol96

I'd love to see you explain to Bob Huggins that the same set he's run in pretty much every down two on the road situation in the last 20 years has a designed option to tie the game. I'm sure he'd appreciate being taught something he doesn't realize. Greg Popovich and George Karl would probably benefit from that knowledge, too.

4. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't really get why you're trying to insult me for something so stupid. I'd be willing to bet you anything that you want to bet that Huggs, Popovich, or Karl at least provide for an option in a play for a tie, even though the preferred option is the win. What's Hugg's option if the 3 is covered? Just give up? The goal in any last second situation is to provide as many options as possible, and I don't believe for a second that the coaches you mentioned don't know that and don't provide for those options.

5. hatvol96

The "option" is a broken play or a rebound. Everything that is designed happens outside the arc. I don't have to guess what two of those three intend or are thinking in that situation. I've had the conversation with them. Considering the one I haven't talked to about it essentially stole the set one of the other uses, I think I've got a decent grasp on what all three of them intend to happen in that situation.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Which is exactly what I was proposing, but, like I said, it's not worth some long argument. When your first two options aren't open, then it's a broken play, or last resort. So, again, I'm pretty sure we've agreed the entire time. If you don't think so, that's fine; it's not something worth arguing any further. Good summary, as usual.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Woolridge looked like Zach Rogers a few times last night

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I laid down with the kid around 9 to get him to go to sleep. Next thing I know my wife is waking me up at 10:30 and I said the heck with it and just went to bed.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and he hasn't yet tried to adjust the way he goes to the hole. Never goes left side and doesn't use the rim or his body to keep defenders away from the ball. His arms are long enough that just using his body would leave him room to shield most off.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Nega-vol, not a true fan, Bammer, etc., etc...

11. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Zack Morris

12. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Zack Morris

13. punkcat

punkcat Member

Maybe she wanted to have sex?

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Sleep is much better.