The Happy Thoughts Post-Sakerlina Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kidbourbon, Nov 2, 2014.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

FWIW, I'm not sorry you lost and hope you continue to feel the wrath of the BFO.

2. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

That's kind of you to say, TD. I appreciate that. You guys are a classy bunch and have been through hell as a fan base for some time now. I think that time has ended.

Thanks, man. So are you. You all deserved it. Us winning would've been a crime. UT deserved it for sure. Your fans were awesome as always. The future is very bright for Tennessee.

3. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Haha told several people last night that yesterday was our last chance to beat UT for the foreseeable future.

4. chavisut

Spurrier done?

5. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I think 2015 is the absolute last year if he isn't. He looks like he has mailed it in. Also, heard that we fired out DC, but I've been unable to verify it.

6. chavisut

What would be best iyo? Despite everything, he's probably putting together one of his better classes on paper.

7. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Thanks for the video Darth. Got dizzy watching it.

8. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

The offense is fine. Defense needs a new coach. I would rather Spurrier stay another few years, honestly. With good coaching on defense, he can still have success in Columbia, IMO. Maybe not win a championship, but he can win there. Lorenzo Ward has just destroyed our defense. Switched to a 3-4, and we've apparently abandoned that. We were in a 4-3 for most of the night last night. For some reason, we run a lot of that soft coverage that Chavis has been blasted for. The defense has got worse as the year has gone on. That in itself is an indictment of Lorenzo Ward. It's a shame. The offense is on pace to break school records for a single season. The defense can't stop anyone, especially when it matters.

9. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

No problem, sir.

10. chavisut

I noticed SCe went Chavis prevent on the last drive.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

South Carolina fans understand how losing feels

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes they did. I hate the prevent d

13. chavisut

Outside of a hail mary, it makes no sense to me.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  14. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Sort of a helpless feeling when your defense goes to that and you know they're going to get shredded.

15. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

If Von Pearson stays (don't know why he'd leave) and with the addition of Kamara and improved O-Line play, our offense could be pretty awesome next year. Our young talent on D maturing along with the talented newcomers on D should allow our defense to be good if not almost great, assuming Jancek can avoid stepping on his own ****. If we can get 2 of 3 to finish the year and beat some nobody in our bowl game I'll be very (cautiously) optimistic about next year.

16. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yeah that sucks.

For fielding some solid Ds over the years that one is hard to watch as a fan.

17. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

He ain't leaving.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

The 4-3, 3-4 abrupt switches seem to not be a good strategy for any team. Gotta do it over a period of years. Go multiple, then phase out the 4-3.

I think South Carolina is entering into a dangerous time for their program. It will be really, really easy to lose everything Spurrier and Holtz gained without a homerun hire after Spurrier.

19. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

This times a million. This is the most critical time in the history of our football program (if you can call what we have a program). We HAVE to make the right hire. The wrong hire, like you said, will undo everything CSS and CLH worked to build. It's going to be tough, especially withr UT finally rising back to prominence.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Sparky Woods.