The Hoops And Leftovers Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Nov 28, 2014.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

1. The game was much more competitive than I expected. UT played themselves into a position to win with five minutes left.
    2. They then promptly played themselves out of the game. Very little went right in the last few minutes.
    3. Jabari McGhee looks like a real find. That was a second straight impressive perfomance.
    4. Playing a defense that opponents rarely see is a great equalizer. It was a huge factor in Tennessee being in the fight for 35 minutes.
    5. Derek Reese continues to take twice as many shots as he should. The occasional made three doesn't justify his volume gunning.
    6. Josh Richardson is everything a senior leader should be. He will go down as one of my all time favorite UT players.
    7. Robert Hubbs continues to be incredibly tentative with the ball. Coach Tyndall has to find a way to get him to at least represent a threat with the ball.
    8. Kansas is a work in progress. They'll be much better once Devonte Graham and Kelly Oubre get acclimated to the college game.
    9. Tennessee will have an opportunity to build on this Sunday and next week against Kansas State. If they win the next two, they have a shot at building a respectable nonconference profile.
    10. If they can find a way to foul far less and rebound much more, this team can be decent. That would put them in the middle of the mediocre SEC pack.

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Enjoyed listening on Basilio's app.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Lots to work on yet but this team is slightly better than I thought they would be.

4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Mostella shot the ball well and looks to be a good pick up. Need his scoring.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

It was fun and frustrating watching this game. I'm glad I went down. Got scalper ticket. Was fun to watch the Kansas fans get nervous.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I wish it was different, but with this cloud hanging over tyndall, I cannot enjoy it.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Were you the one orange dot in the sea of blue?

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

There was a clump of orange behind the bench.