The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

National POY air balling free throws. Not my POY.

IP, Indy and Ssmiff like this.
  2. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

[uck fay] You Edey

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Exactly. They’ve made him work so much on the defensive end, which is probably contributing significantly to his lower efficiency (and holy shit, did he just air ball a FT???)

Part of the reason we couldn’t make him work was Aidoo. If he could have threatened from the midrange, it would have helped. But I’ll never understand why we didn’t go at him with DK and JJJ, and, to a lesser degree, Vescovi and Mashack,

IP likes this.
  4. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s hilarious how pedestrian Purdue is when Edey doesn’t shoot 20 free throws and the opposing team is allowed to play defense.

They look like a bad basketball team.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Six national titles in 26 years is quite remarkable, especially for a program that essentially didn't exist 40 years ago.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Purdue has shot 9 free throws. They averaged 40.5 per game in 2 games against us.

You can’t tell me we foul THAT much more than UConn. The game is being obviously called differently.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

More like Purdont

NashVol11 likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Spencer looks like a better version of Vescovi. So many heads up, high IQ, hustle plays.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Loyer the flopper being scoreless is fantastic.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

UConn has also done an excellent job of spacing the floor offensively when Clingan is on the bench. It’s exactly what I hoped we’d do with the 5-out lineup. Force Edey to defend more space, and make him choose when someone penetrates and gets into the paint.

12. yont sum iss?

The way Edey and Purdue were officiated this season is an embarrassment to the sport.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It’s a [uck fay]ing clinic. Seeing UConn do this to them makes me so upset we never even tried going 5 out. Knecht and ZZ could have abused Edey on the perimeter. And it would have worn him out and caused him to miss bunnies on the other end.

14. yont sum iss?

Hurley is a psycho

15. yont sum iss?

Kick rocks, Freak. Someone get that guy Rosetta Stone!

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Get ready to learn Rio Grande Valley Vipers, buddy

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not sure we could have beat them. Maybe 2 or 3 times out of 10, based on DK’s ability to go off and their ability to shoot it poorly (only 6 of 22 from 3 tonight).

But we would have played them better than THAT. Disappointing we didn’t get a shot.

18. yont sum iss?

Of course maybe our best chance ever to make a run came in a year when the NCAA found a freak show pet to give special treatment and of course they put us in their region.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Foul Ming is trending on Twitter, and I’m guessing our fan base is pretty heavily involved.

IP likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Congrats on your chosen match-up, ncaa.

yont sum iss? likes this.