The Pembroke Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Dec 14, 2011.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

the limited effort stuff really surprises me. All of the expectations of Maymon as a guy to be fed in the post astounds me too.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I assumed they meant sandwiches, BPV. That expectation makes the most sense.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm impressed that Maymon put his head down and got himself in shape to play basketball. That doesn't change that fact that he is horrendously limited in the paint by his size and lack of skills. His best offense is face up from 18 so he can use his handling to get by someone. Unfortunately, the next player that guards him that far out on the floor will be summarily benched and never see the floor again.

People look at that game against a horrendously coached Memphis team as some indicator of greatness, which it isn't. He's a very good rebounder. He's little else, regardless how much we might hate it.

4. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

Hey now, no need to be rude. Hes just a kid trying to learn what coaching is about.

5. BeachVol

BeachVol New Member

I was at the game and and left very disappointed at the effort. All the optimism I had after Maui is gone.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

They probably didn't have too many more points than that in those 12 minutes either.