The rest of the 2014 class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Sep 27, 2013.

1. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

If Zach rogers, hunter, Rivera and CP were the targets at practice, the freshmen qb's would look just fine. No, they aren't ready to lead a team yet. So what. Hell, Tom Brady goes 19-39 a couple weeks ago because his new wr's didn't know where to go, timing was way off, and he's one of the best ever. And that's just a wr change. Not wholesale offensive changes with an entirely new staff and 18 yr olds trying to learn it. Wrs are still learning basic techniques, which is common with so many young ones that didn't have good technique coaching in hs. OL is unsure. Qb's are trying to learn their position and the rb's, wr's positions and checks for OL.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

They are still going hard after the Juco RB that committed to Ole Miss according to VQ staff.

Also, maybe they recruit a QB as insurance or bc they already know someone will transfer. I could see Peterman leaving and possibly Worley as well.

3. limpleg

He has to try to get a qb because he had no idea Peterman would look like that.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Are there any possible SEC-caliber QB's in the JUCO ranks?

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Who is blinn's qb? They seem to have good pickuns usually.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Who would guess the guy that led the team to 3 pts against AP in a half would look that bad against UF?

7. limpleg

Some players practice better than they play and coaches find out the hard way at times.

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Q. Han**** agrees.

9. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I have heard the name Turner Baty thrown around. I don't know much about him but I have heard the coaches are looking at him.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think we get at least 4 of the 6 on that list.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Berry twins, Hendrix, and ....

Barnett?

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Someone asked Brent Hubbs and crew this the other day. Hubbs response was that he felt like the staff would not go after a JUCO. He went on to mention that they were still pressing the 3* NC State commit to take a visit.

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Btw....he is probably going to end up in the '15 class, but since there is a chance he could slide in to the '14 class.... Jovon Robinson from Memphis, who committed to Auburn and then was ineligible because of grade switching, is absolutely killing it in JUC down in Ga. Would not be surprised if he ends back up at the Barn, but pairing him with Hurd in a year or two would be nasty.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

My understanding is that there are no quality JUCO's available this year. This is actually a major concern for Alabama. From what I understand/have read online.

16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think the options left are as follows assuming they do not think Freshman can be the guy... 1) NC State commit 2) Kid committed elsewhere has HC that is fired and thus opens back up 3) Some type of 5th year transfer like Russell Wilson (Is there a SEC rule that prevents that now?)

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a qb from Florida, alin edourde or something like that, that's still being recruited too

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yes

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Malone will go down to signing day