The Section 103 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Feb 8, 2012.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I played against him and wasn't impressed. Good shooter, decent athlete, and I couldn't believe he had a UK offer. He was a much better player in college than I expected.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And had a 10 year pro career.

He could shoot the lights out of a gym.

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'd say Capel totally flaming out at OU gave some ADs the temerity to resist the urge to run out and hire Smart.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  4. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

When you play on a team that had 9 future NBA players on the roster, you tend to find yourself open quite often. But #00 was as smooth as they come.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

This gives me yet another chance to say that the 1996 Kentucky team is the most underappreciated great team in college basketball history.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Even with Capel flaming out I thought for sure someone would be dumb enough to make Smart rich. Maybe the whole situation with the economy has helped stupid shit like this from happening as often. Football is a different story.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Especially with his name swirling around every single open position. Would've figured somebody would've tried to win the press conference and make their fans happy for a month or so.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I was almost sure of it. Bullet dodged for some AD's.