The Section 119 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hatvol96, Mar 19, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought it was a pretty clever post too

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Ridiculous can be a tricky one.

Nah, I had to google it to make sure it was a legitimate form. It's just what came up first when I was thinking of emblematic.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I misspelled "ecstasy" on this message board the other day. It came up red, and I thought the red line was wrong. And then I looked it up, and I was wrong.

Being a generally good speller is a worthless skill. The advent of spell-check really devalued it. Now all I've got is the possibility of employing some good old fashioned smug in telling people that I don't run spell check. Except that if I ever did that, I would be a huge douchebag and would deserve to get punched in the face.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

XTC IMO.

Spelling and lots of things, really. Rote memorization seems pretty much useless going forward. I had an online geography course where I had to show up to take proctored exams on the world capitals. That's now (and pretty much then) a parlor trick, not a college course.

If I ever get a smartphone (I know...), I've decided that I'm going to do intentionally "archaic" things on it, such as reading unwieldy articles, rather than the next Draw Something. Of course, that's not a very enticing reason to get a smartphone.