The Tennessee-Alabama Trap Is Up.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 19, 2011.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Concerns about the rivalry going away take precedence.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

After thinking about it some more, here's how important I consider this issue. If the rest of the SEC, after being told by UT administrators how important the continuation of the Alabama series on an annual basis is to Tennessee, votes to take action contrary to Vol wishes, it's time to find new partners. I'd call the ACC, Big 10, and Big 12 as soon as the vote making 'Bama a rotating opponent was over.

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

You have to. You can't become the Purdue or Washington State of a conference you helped to put on a map. I can think of several members of the ACC and a couple in the Big East that would crawl to Knoxville to be in that conference. I also imagine Kentucky might bolt as well given the realities of football/basketball for them.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I was thinking the same thing, but I feel like that may hurt us in the long run.

UT has been depended on recruiting places like Florida, Georgia, etc. Not playing those teams could really hurt in the long run, IMO.

5. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Out of curiosity, what exactly are you referring to by Saban's comments?

He didn't exactly talk up the rivalry, but I didn't hear him say anything to the effect of the game not being a big deal.

6. Lexvol

Lexvol Guest

Mandatory reading for anyone that calls themselves a Tennessee fan.

7. fun2bow

fun2bow New Member

Basilio wrote in his blog today that this is a rivalry worth fighting for and then linked this article on the 8th maxim.

8. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor