The UF game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Sep 1, 2018.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Will Chandler be back next week?

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Fair or not, I have no confidence in Tennessee winning this game.

ptclaus98 likes this.
  3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

This game is CRITICAL. It was important before, but we cannot lose this game now. We beat them this year and we could kill their new coach momentum for a year or two. We lose to them and we're looking at a 5-7 season likely worse.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We have the better roster, the better QB, equal lines, better LBs, better RBs but I am 100 percent with you.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They could be composed entirely of clones of Peter Dinklage and I’d have lots of misgivings

tvolsfan, Ssmiff, Memtownvol and 2 others like this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This game may be more critcal to them. After losing to KY, a loss to Tennessee, a game many fans and probably a good deal of players take for granted, could scuttle their entire season. That being said, I expect some seemingly magic wounded duck completions, guys getting up off the ground to make receptions, looks like they sprayed on Pam on the sidelines broken tackles, backup quarterback heisman performance, and even a modern-day phantom catch for a touchdown for them to rally for a win. This is even though they are a mess.

And... The national media falls all over themselves talking about how Mullen has now righted the ship, and how scenarios where they could recover to win the east.

TangoUniform and TDVol1989 like this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

In previous years, we would counter with shovel passes

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was cleared for ETSU, but they didn't play him. I bet he gets a few carries next week

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He coulda played but no reason to. Plus he didnt get a full practice week. Pruitt is trying to pick up the competition by telling anybody in 2-3 deep that they will get in the game if they practice to expectations.
    We all know not all players will respond well to that, while others will hopefully rise up.

10. chavisut

Ha Pruitt's comment about running through the T gonna rub some the wrong way.

I love it. Only cares about winning and he's also not gonna get the same kinda coach adoration if he falls short like the last two.

justingroves likes this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sounds better than making promises to everyone and anyone, and then trying to hold that house of cards together.

12. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

What did he say.

13. chavisut

Basically it was interesting.

Not a big deal but the he doesn't wear enough orange types will hate it.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's just a game he needs to win

15. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

This is so silly. You think Saban just loved and embraced all of Bama’s tahrditions? Hell, I’m a life long UT fan and alum and most of my gear consist of grey, navy blue or white.

16. chavisut

UTEP has lost by 48 combined to FCS Northern AZ and UNLV.

17. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Need to get center and guard figured out next week. Jordan must stop breaking everything to the outside.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

UF fans probably feel the same way after their performance last night.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Don't think there's another option besides Johnson at C. Carvin seemed solid at guard.

20. chavisut

I'm more concerned with a complete lack of pass rush.