The UK game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Nov 5, 2018.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also, having a coherent offensive game plan would be nice.

Savage Orange likes this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't think we win, but I'd love to get a couple of quick scores early and watch UK fold.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I think we see something similar to the USC game plan

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If not, I kind of wonder if we might be better off moving Bryce Thompson to safety and letting Osborne and Buchanon play at corner opposite Alontae Taylor.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would not be surprised at all if we move some guys around like that in this game. Tkjr is a pretty big liability unfortunately.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Holy crap. If he's still there for Missouri, Drew Lock will throw for 2000 yards.

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The apple really fell a good ways away from the tree with that guy...

8. Savage Orange

Provided Taylor remembers not to “target” anybody...

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

At least its not an effort deal. He was already slow before knee injury. Kid will probably have a knee replacment earlier than I did and still at least comes up trying to pop people. Wish he was big enough for olb

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's perfect for a run heavy offense, though. He can't cover anymore, but he's a better tackler than Sapp, Taylor or Deandre Johnson

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He was fine until 19 knee surgeries

RockyHill and zehr27 like this.
  12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's slower now than as a senior in high school by a large margin.

13. Savage Orange

True.. that’ll definitely slow you down a step...

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If the run stays inside he works really well. I noticed he has trouble if it bounces outside. You can just tell he doesn't have much more left in the tank after all the surgeries.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Just sucks. Dude was all over the field the game when we finally beat UF at home. Seemed like he had a really good game against OU too.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He was worlds better before all his surgeries. I could see him coming back and being a GA someday, which I think he would be really good at.

NYY, NorrisAlan and BigOrangeBeech like this.
  17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I didn't watch any of it, but doesn't seem that we went down the field much. I don't even think we had a completion that was more than 10 yards past the LOS. I think we will need to stretch the field more to beat UK.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I remember a couple years ago right to left on tv, he was chasing a returner or wr, and several more players from each team passed him. Looked like something out of a comedy.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Wasn't he one of the ringleaders when a bunch of players went to the lake on gameday?

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not sure. I would not hold that against him though as his leader was a complete buffoon.