Third Saturday in October

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Oct 8, 2022.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just listened to the Dale Jones interview floating around social media from Basilio’s show yesterday. By God, that is yet another reason why I’m so damn fired up about this game.

The caller had a great point that this generation doesn’t understand. Alabama and UT built the damn SEC as we know it. Built the sum[itch bay]. And hearing the emotion in the caller’s voice and then Dale Jones’ emotion… this shit means something. From seeing fans painting their grandfather’s graves, remembering the phone calls I made to mine back in the day after every touchdown… it just means something and it ties us all together. In a world that’s increasingly separating, by God we have the memories of Johnny getting carried off to shake the Bear’s hand. I can still hear John Ward counting Joey Kent’s steps from ‘95.

And the best part of this? We are still in my mind a year away. We literally have nothing to lose, and just a shit ton to gain. Those of us now with kids, and aging parents… enjoy the [uck fay] out of this. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, Tennessee is right back where it’s belonged. In the mix, and having the opportunity to bring hardware.

[uck fay] me, I’m fired plum ass up.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And for all the bullshit we’ve lived through… thank you Josh Heupel.

3. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

It feels good that the thought of buying cigars actually crossed my mind today. I don’t give a damn about the whole state of Alabama.

InVolNerable and justingroves like this.
  5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The thing that makes this so different from Florida and Pitt is that there’s no “if not now, then when?” element. We thought we were on the upswing, Pitt lost an NFL QB, Florida was on the road trying to figure things out in their first year under a new coach. If we couldn’t get them this year, when were we going to do it?

That’s not how this game goes. We’ve proven we’re on the way up. Alabama isn’t having a down year. We won’t always have Hooker, and if he shows out, maybe we get them tomorrow. But if we don’t, it doesn’t feel like we’ve blown our only chance. Because Saban isn’t going to be there forever, and Heupel is building something. Losing is losing, but it doesn’t feel like the death blow to our chances to rise in the SEC. If not now, then soon.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Line back down to 7.5.

I don't know.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

A highly visible game among two huge degenerate fanbases in a country filled with degenerates. Line movement doesn't have to mean anything real in terms of game info.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just want to be rowdy for 4 quarters. Don’t go out there and just shit the bed

justingroves likes this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

And I legit don’t care about the $ I spent win or lose. Knowing this is happening tomorrow and I’ll be there is fun as hell too

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If we lose tomorrow it’s because we can’t get off the field on 3rd down. Bama was 15/20 last year and it was a game into 4th quarter iir. Or late 3rd. They were better than this year and we are better than last year, except DB which make me nervous. We may be down 3 original starters from a group that’s been playing on one of the worst pass defenses in D1. We will likely have true freshman Christian Harrison getting snaps at cb.

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yep. I won’t necessarily be mad if we lose*, but we’re good enough to go into the fourth quarter with a realistic path to victory.

*I reserve the right to be mad if we lose.

InVolNerable and Volsdude like this.
  12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It’s crossed my mind on far too many occasions over the last decade, looking at our program, looking at Bama’s, that my dad may never see another Tennessee victory in this series. And that shit burns a goddam hole in my soul.

I don’t know what I’ll do if we win tomorrow, but I’m thankful that Heupel’s put a team on the field that actually gives me hope again.

13. Ssmiff

I will be disappointed and am already prepping for the nation being back down on us as same ol TN. And it will pass.

14. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

The biggest takeaway that we all have is Win or lose tomorrow the General Health of the program is in such a better spot than it has been in years.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

I’ll be mad. But it won’t be existential burn it all down mad

16. Ssmiff

I know so many people going up just to go, I decided not to go. Fall breakers from all over the country in Pigeon Fudge heading to campus. This will be the most crowded campus has ever been. Weather looks perfect.
    my son told me he took off his first shift tomorrow, doesn’t work till 7 at the skate center and asked me to do wings, so I’m glad to be home for it. I woulda felt like trash with him at home and me on campus.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Just go

18. Ssmiff

nah we having a porchgate and grilling some Cajun bison burgers.

19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Just read the play-by-play and listen to Bob, it'll be about the same thing as going.

utvol0427, sbradle4, SetVol13 and 4 others like this.
  20. Ssmiff

He can paint a great kaleidoscope image of what’s happening