This 2011 class

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by volfanjo, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Explain to me how it makes no sense. There are people calling the signing of 0 OL in the 2012 class a failure. Is that a coherent claim?

And anyways, I'm only calling the WR class a failure, not the class as a whole. The bonus points for filling more pressing needs comes in the areas in which we actually filled pressing needs, not at WR, where you seem inclined to add them for some bizarre reason.

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

if we could sign anyone and everyone, not signing WRs would be a concern, but as it was, there was only so much Dooley could do with the 2011 class and it appears he is going to get the most of it. You can't call it failure just because it's the area that least needed improvement at the time so he didn't put too much stock into it. Same thing with the OL this year.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

You can call it a failure just fine if you need to get 1-2 contributors and you get 0.

Just like this year's OL class. If you don't want to call it a failure, you have to argue that we didn't need to find an OL contributor this year (which I think you can plausibly do, although I'm not sure I agree)

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm not worried about receiver. They also have some nice receiving options at RB and TE. I can see Neal catching a lot of passes out of the backfield.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I can see both Neal and Lane catching a lot of passes out of the backfield.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Young.

If Bourque sees the field I would expect him to be a threat too.. He was looked at as a WR by a few schools IIRC.