This TN Hoops Season & Next

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Jan 18, 2016.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Keep saying it, maybe you'll convince some of these "great basketball fans" in these parts

2. JohnnyQuickkick

The ones who apparently think it's more important for Barnes to put on a chicken suit and do the whip/nae nae on the bench than do anything else

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I like ESPN for basketball rankings

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Now, having said that, I don't see TN in the top 40. Nor does TN have any top 100 prospects.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I went off on the television show about that. Grown men worrying about what another grown man wears is the dumbest shit I have ever heard.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

i kinda would like it if he wore the damn coat, but that has about as much to do with results as coach keith's presence does

7. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

ESPN has Bone and Fulkerson as NR. I believe that means they haven't been evaluated.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Blasphmey.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I thought you were joking. Are people honestly wanting / griping about him wearing an orange jacket? This is a real thing?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's UT fans. Imagine VN, then go shower, have a drink, go to bed.

11. CardinalVol

Moreso that he's not wearing it.

12. Tenacious D

Dumbest fanbase in America. Bar none.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That has been obvious for quite some time.

14. CardinalVol

It doesn't even bother me anymore. I've just accepted it.

I don't even think people want to win (espeically in basketball), they just want to be entertained.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

it goes farther than that. there's this idea that he's not engaged, because he's not "promoting" and acting a fool on the bench during games. it started the minute he walked on campus. (hell, it started with Cuonzo. There were plenty of reasons to complain about Cuonzo, but when I nailed my 95 Theses to his door, not jumping up and down and waving his arms on the sideline was about #94 on the list). It also doesn't help that a guy like Basilio is driving the train on this nonsense.

look, I don't pretend to know if he's really engaged or not. I didn't follow them day-to-day at Texas. all I know is the guy's won 600 basketball games, and there's been quite a bit of individual player improvement. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, at least for now.

16. scottyhop

scottyhop New Member

Win games. People [itch bay] about not wearing a jacket when the team sucks.

17. Tenacious D

Amen.

You should post more. A lot more. Along similar lines of logic.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, he's the basketball version of Fulmer?

19. JohnnyQuickkick

I agree. Not sure who's winning games with this crap heap of a roster though. It's up to him to fix that

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Nobody cared what Wade Houston wore.