This Year's Tournament Field

Discussion in 'Sports' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Mar 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Watching the tournament this year I can't help but feel like the teams aren't as good as years past. Outside of UK and maybe UNC I don't think the 1 seeds measure up to prior years. A complete Syracuse team would. Same thing with the 2 seeds and on down. Anybody else feel this way?

2. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

I think it is just a continuation of the trend that has been happening for awhile in college hoops. Mid-Major is a term that should vanish in the next 5 years. With AAU ball and all the resources, more talent is being developed at earlier ages than ever before. Combine that with the scholarship cap on Mens Hoops and the talent is just being spread around. Kids today realize that you have a legit shot making it to the NBA, and still play for schools other than UK, KU, UNC, Cuse, etc. NC State and Baylor are both perfect examples. There will always be a few teams that stand above the rest marginally, but the days of a #1 seed just mowing through the field at a 25+ point margin are over, IMO.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no question the quality of play is down. this is why we will see a #1 go down soon to a #16.