Thoughts on Three Games and a BYE

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 21, 2014.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Just some rambling. Some obvious, others personal opinions, on where we are and where we can go.

Biggest surprise of the year has been Jancek. I never thought we'd see a defense that looks quality under him and he's proven me wrong this season. I'm still not completely sold, but credit where it is due.

That said, I'm officially over Bajakian. I wanted to see if he would adapt his offense at all in season #2, and while I think there have been some changes in the passing game, it's now obvious what we see is what we're going to get. Run game still makes no sense and I'm baffled at the play-calls at times. I honestly have no idea what his rhyme or reason is. There's a limit we can go to with him. There, everyone can be happy.

In spite of that, we're going to get better as the season goes on. I wasn't happy with a loss in Norman, but there were a lot of positives in that game if you wanted to see them. There were mistakes, but they were correctable mistakes. The line is what it is, but I do think it will get better as the season progresses. And from what I've watched of other teams, OU will be the best front 7 we will play this year. Worley earned my total respect that game. He's not as good as the sunshine pumpers want him to be, but he's not as bad as his critics say either. He has gotten a lot better and as I said last year, for some reason just works with what this team has even if he isn't the most talented.

Other than Bama, there is no one left on the schedule I don't think we have at least a shot at beating. UGA will be tough, as will be SC and Ole Miss on the road, but there is no reason to think either Florida or Mizzou is better than us, especially at home. Those are games that are very winnable and IMO, games we need to view as games we SHOULD win.

I still think this team can win 7 or 8 games. There's enough talent there, and I just get the sense the pieces are going to come together.

Anyway, flame away. I'm just bullish on this team and program.

2. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Yeah pretty much how I feel

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Tennessee stays healthy, they'll be pretty good in November.

It helps that South Carolina is bi polar, Muschamp is still employed at UF and Richt squanders talent better than Fulmer.

4. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Bajack worries as well. But you guys complain about Worley, and we have 2 true freshmen on the right side of the OL, usually with a true freshman TE on the RT's hip and a true freshman in the backfield and possibly another true freshman out wide right on the same side. Those are obstacles in yr 2 of a rebuild from the grave.
    It is what it is. Gotta take it one game at a time. Defense wins championships.

But we aren't winning anything until we get a mobile qb that can extend drives like Wilson did for Seattle in OT today and like we see each week from top teams. Hoping the kid out of Murf can be that qb for us.
    Mobile qb and Kesling. We won't win again until the albatross is gone as well, and we need a qb like Kenny Rodgers of GBay or Sheath Huler of UT

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

It's the no read option.....................ahhhhhhh!

:rolleyes:

6. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

I think we would do fine with a pocket passer if we could pick up the blitz

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Worley is average. At his absolute best, he's still just okay.

I've come to terms with it.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The season is about 4 games IMO.

1. UF - UT has not had much success with them as of late but UF has ?s everywhere even on D. Now or never.

2. USC - Depends on who shows up. That game is more winnable that first thought.

3. Mizzou - They dont have the athletes they had last year.

4. KY - To this point they have proven to be good enough to beat UT.

The east is bad enough to give us an outside shot at 8 wins, if we sweep the 4 above.

Just dont see us beating any of the other 3.

After watching the 4 listed above UT has a better shot at 3 out of 4 than I once thought.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Sums it up pretty well.

10. limpleg

I want a mobile qb. Doesn't have to be running like crazy but Andrew Luck type mobile is just fine. college football just isn't a pocket passer league

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Mizzou and UF. Those are the two I want to see us win. The more I have watched both play the better I feel about our chances at not only beating one but both.

If things fall right we could end up in a fight with UGA, USCe, or Ole Miss. We have a better shot a bama this year than we have since Kiffin left, but still can't see us winning that game.

Card is right though. Jancek has been a surprise. Bajak sux and Worley is what he is.

I just want to see the OL progress. If they do, we're definitely going to a bowl and have a great shot at 7-8 wins based on what I've seen from the defense. They're gonna keep us in games for sure.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I refuse to completely wrote off a game against a Hugh freeze coached team, if not on principle alone of how he got to where he is.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ole Miss's offense looks like dog shit at times

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama has all the parts to be national Champs again. Kiffin just went in dry on a Muschamp coached defense. Their d is good not great, but they can score 50 against anyone.

17. limpleg

I'm not going back down there. Yay the grove. Stadium sucks and McCluster just ran by me again.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dormady is a good enough athlete to extend plays by moving around the pocket

19. limpleg

They still set a few records. With talent, Kiffin can get in a groove calling plays. It just depends if he has the '09 vs ucla and vs auburn breakdowns in playcalling that get amplified by worse calls as he panicked.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's enough talent where bad play calling will still work. He didn't have that here or at USC.