Thoughts post-game on game day

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by DC Vol, Oct 4, 2014.

Tags:
  1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Okay, I'll start off by clearing the air.

I approached the Bajakian situation with skepticism but also with excuses. I excused the Vandy gameplan due to the sheer number of drops our WRs had, etc. I'll take my lumps on that.

I excused the young OL against OU and UGA due to their youth and playing on the road. I figured (well, hoped) that playing at home would allow for adjustments to be made.

But I said outright on here that if Jones and crew lost it would fall squarely on Bajakian. And they did, and it does. Floridas offense sucks and was held squarely in check by our D and our D created all the chances in the world. You create 2 red zone possessions and only give up 220 yards, you've done your job in an SEC game for a D.

Bajakian is complete trash. Preaching to the choir, I know.

I'm sick of the excuse string also. "First start", "First road game", "First road game in Athens", etc. Shut the (*@% up with it. I come from the type of background where that type of stuff is not tolerated and I'm just sick of hearing it.

Playcalling was awful again. Florida is an awful team. They're poorly coached and came in with no confidence. The Defense served this game up on a platter and the fans out cliched TBSIA with the chekerboard idea and by all accounts pulled it off and showed up created a good atmosphere for our Defense.

The offense is just out of excuses.

It's not a road game.

These guys had 4 games and a Bye week to pull their heads out of their asses and still couldn't.

I don't see 6 wins and a bowl. I see us struggling for 5 wins.

This offensive staff is trash. I'm fully on board. The lack of adjustments are maddening. Bajakian is the donkey on the bridge in Patton. Time to just dump the stubborn ass off the bridge.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

First home SEC game for a lot of these guys tho

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

It wouldn't surprise if that didn't come out of his mouth today

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah pretty sure I heard it in the pregame interview. May have been the interviewer to be fair.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Hell we might not beat Kentucky, putting us at 4-8.

6. USAF_Vol

USAF_Vol Super Mod / Defender of Freedom

It's a stretch beating anyone but Chatt. I don't think I can stand this.

7. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I'm having serious doubts about that myself.

I thought that if our young team progressed through the year as if they had a good staff we'd do well against Mizzou (home), Kentucky (home) and Vandy (Nashville, but probably home) to close out the year and 6 wins.

But now?

lol

WTF is progression?

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

So this is what it feels like to be a Vandy fan. How do those 58 people in Nashville stand it?

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

They make the same excuses the 8th made following UGA.