Tight End Position

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Aug 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Does the loss of Da'Rick make our weakness at the TE position even more of a problem? I don't see a legitimate #3 receiving option right now other than Rivera, which means he may be a Dallas Clarkish glorified wide receiver. If so, who will be our blocker at the position?

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

James at RT imo

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Thread title is both misleading and disappointing.

4. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Where is your faith in Jacob Carter?

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Word.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Da'Cody Blanc imo

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He wasn't going to block much anyways because that's his biggest weakness. Clear was the best blocking TE of the group and that's shot all to hell anyways.

Bartholomew is probably going to play a lot of snaps Friday night, because he'll be the "blocking" TE and the FB.

Rivera is going to be moved around a lot.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Any word on how Greg King is doing? I'd assume he's pretty rusty, but he's a guy I'd like to see do well.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Justin King, ya'll.

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Yes.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Wildcat and pass catcher imo.

I actually think, especially if the run game doesn't get going, he'll play a large role in the offense. This is just an assumption by me.

12. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'd love to have an athletic bruiser, a la Mose Phillips style, running around, catching passes, mocking Florida.

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I'd love to have an athletic bruiser, a la Mose Phillips style, running around, catching passes, mocking Florida.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

As long as he tells me what time it is when he scores, I'll be happy

15. chavisut

Da'Cody will be used to block on the outside a lot.

Is Jo Ayres still banged up? I figured they were hoping he would be the blocking TE we needed.

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I really don't want a walk-on DT converted to TE being the anything on offense.

17. chavisut

He started off on the OL fwiw. If he'll be nasty in short yardage situations I'll take it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Palermo and Sal praised his willingness to get into the trenches and raise hell. Sounds like a winner. Joseph Ayres it is.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Going in I thought out TEs would be a big surprise for our offensive output. Wondering now if it doesn't become a problem.

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

The staff thought enough of him to leave him in Knoxville and not travel with the team.