time to state the obvious

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 8, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This team is nowhere near close to competing for an sec title. That was a physical manhandling by the 5th best team in the conference at best.

There will be a new coach in Knoxville in 2014 if this school cares anything at all about being a top 15 program again. Dooley isn't the answer.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

2015? Because I'm tired of making avatars based on dates.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want staff changes at the end of THIS year. After signing day. Boom. Staff changes.

4. WM

WM Active Member

Flat sales tax on Saban buyout and salary. Will move back home and happily pay.

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

yes!

6. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

who cares, the world is going to end next year

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Unless Orson Charles declares for the draft, UGA pretty much loses no one next year and we play them at home. Also expect Florida to improve. The 2012 super season looks pretty mediocre.

8. WM

WM Active Member

2012 Feels like an Outback Bowl year. Or am I aiming a tad too high?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  9. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

WOW, Something needs to happen. I still like Dooley, but he's really got to work harder, cause I'm still not seeing anything!

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Liking" the coach doesn't even enter into the equation for me. Wins. They're all I care about.

11. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I'll like the coach if they win.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The result was disappointing, the effort was disappointing, but still think it's a bit ridiculous to say that Dooley is or isn't the answer at this point. still way undermanned and young. i think it might be fair to say the current personnel on the offensive line aren't the answer, however. young or not, they've been together long enough to do better than that.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The offensive line is worse than it was last year or with the Sullins twins, so it's a coaching disaster.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Despite the score, UGA manhandled us. This, despite having very similar personnel issues. They have a good QB, although not as good as ours. They have some OL issues due to injury. Their running back is a true freshman, as is their only decent wideout. The score was close, but we weren't close to as good, kind of like the LSU game last year. All these two games prove is that even when the power programs are down or having a shitty day, we can't beat them.

If UT doesn't come out and absolutely shit the bed to start the second half, I wonder how things look different. Every player on the offense and special teams looked like it was his first college game.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dooley should at least get us to 8 wins.

There are just a few things that already don't pass the eyeball test and I have seen nothing to show me they will be there soon.

Sorry, we can beat the crap teams but last night was a woeful reminder we are nowhere near even discussing a comeback in 2012.

You have to build some momentum. You don't have to win titles, but in year 2 you need momentum building. Injuries aside, what have we done to build momentum to keep the program moving forward?

16. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Unless Dooley either lets Chaney do his job or finds an OC he trust to do his job this team is going no where. He is no longer Dereck Dooley he is Mereck Shooley.

17. It looked like Phil Fulmer had snuck into the stadium and was calling the plays again.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

not saying last night didn't suck. just don't think there's any call to make on Dooley just yet. if this crap happens next year, different story.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not much to indicate the game will be that much different next year. The score was closer yesterday than it was in 2010, but the competitiveness wasn't. AJ Green makes the catches and TDs the Dawgs missed on last night. That was pretty much the difference in the score. Also, I guess we had our rare night with no special teams fumbles. Overall, we still pretty much suck.