TN OC Hire

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 29, 2018.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Nightmare

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Exactly.

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Also, (take this as you will) Doug said Pruitt did not hire Chris Weinke to be a running backs coach (which is his title right now). So, maybe he's got a master plan and he hasn't revealed it yet. Doug also said there's no way Weinke could be the OC, but he is qualified to coach QB's.

4. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Major Applewhite to Miami as OC.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

For all we know Doug might be 100% accurate. We will find out eventually. I'm good with not rushing a hire that is extremely important. Imo

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  6. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I believe Doug to be a smart guy, and also per his very own words " I don't guess ".

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe it was known for awhile Yurcich wasn't the guy by Tennessee people

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Agreed. Never seemed to fit Pruitt’s general style of ball.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

CP is merely waiting on this thread to get to 200 before he announces, step up your game!

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Right or wrong, Pruitt strikes me as a guy who could care less about what we are thinking/saying. I believe he wants to win above all else and is focused on what he believes is the best process to get that done. No one will care about this if the offense is successful.

Could be the complete wrong thing for him to be doing, but it's where we are at right now.

Ssmiff and reVOLt like this.
  11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I bet Matthews either knows exactly what's going or he at the very least knows more about what's going on than anyone else in the Knoxville media being that he has a strong contact in the AD. But out of respect hes just not got gonna give a lot of specifics. That's what I choose to believe any way. May be completely wrong.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I mentioned after watching them that I didnt think thats what Pruitt was after, as far as his background in coaching and what his successful teams did

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Gonna announce Osovet or friend after signing day under the guise of focusing on recruiting

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Not gonna happen

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Butch Jones was all about perception and not substance. Not that he would have been better otherwise but in that he was dead wrong.

Pruitt may blow the hire and may very well blow up himself before it's over. If hes worried about polling fan approval on decisions like these it's all but certain what the outcome will be.

16. Beechervol

Hard to sell when all you need is a signature and a press release to do that.

17. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I'm semi-obsessively refreshing this thread.... Dammit.

NorrisAlan and VolDad like this.
  18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Could definitely be Osevet.

19. Beechervol

If its him one of 2 things happened.

1. You were set on him early. Very comfortable with him. You make a couple token interviews and name him the OC unless you get interest from a big fish. And you show total confidence in him and the decision.

2. You completely struck out on multiple guys you would rather have and just got tired of looking so you give him a shot.

#1 you can do in a few days and move on. It's easier to sell everyone within the program that you have full confidence in his ability by him not being the 11th guy you talked to.
    It doesnt appear the lack of an OC caused a recruiting problem I doubt naming Osevet changes that for the bad.

If its #2. Its not good.

I just dont think Pruitt will gamble regardless of the guys future potential. If Pruitt was going into year 6 with a couple trips to Atl and a ring you might be built for the gamble better.

A-Smith likes this.
  20. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Offensive coordinators are overrated anyway