Trae Golden on Cuonzo Martin...

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by LawVol13, Feb 27, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

2. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

It's sad how quickly he has forgotten about Bruce Almighty.

3. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Obviously CCM still has work to do, but I love hearing that he has earned the players' respect.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

is it?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who said golden forgot? He meant what he said

6. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Forgot to turn on the sarcasm font. Sorry guys.

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I think Martin has a chance to be pretty darn successful here. Just as myself and IP discussed in another thread, he is one good recruiting class away from earning my full respect as our coach.

8. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

I think the dude is perfect for your program.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

His style and emphasis on consistency are very much welcomed. Time will tell on the win/loss column.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

recruiting is a big ? right now.

11. hardwoodfanatic

hardwoodfanatic New Member

Yeah, stokes was a catch but I really haven't analyzed his recruiting that hard. Strictly speaking in terms of style, discipline, and the way he represents the program, is why I like him. BP brought national attention through some big wins, and achieved a level of success, but I feel like it was almost to its peak. Defense had too many deficiencies, half court O was never going to grind it out in close games. Martins style sometimes makes me feel like I am watching a Big East team in the SEC (or at least a style that has the potential). Just a toughness that I sense, that if he has the players watch out. I could be off base with that assumption.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If they can keep playing that tough style I think it'll start to be a psychological edge too. Opponents are gonna be thinking about and dreading how hard they're gonna have to work to get anything before the ref even throws the ball up.