Trainwreck

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 22, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, because he flamed out at USC and told their AD at the time to eat a bag of [Richards]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I like where I think this staff wants to go what they want to do.
    I like the Power I, I like the pistol, the pro sets, etc......

Execution is so poor right now that’s it’s hard to tell exactly what our identity is going to be. Play calling isn’t always great, but how much of that has to do with the O-Line?

We are losing on both sides of the LOS right now. From a size standpoint, Carvin and Smith are seriously the only two that look like they belong in the SEC. The rest of them look small (compared to the rest of the league) and play smaller.

The defensive line- Outside of Shy Tuttle and Alexis Johnson, does anybody really belong in this league? Maybe Kyle Phillips had the previous staff been better.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He hasn’t really even begun to take the real beatings yet. Bless his heart

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I watched the beginning of his press conference. I expected, That is the most embarrassing performance I have every been a part of. It was a total failure of everyone; coaches, players, staff, etc. I vow that it will never happen again.

I got coach speak, Have to give Florida credit. They played a good game. We had some breakdowns. I liked that we ...

Very disappointing.

MWR likes this.
  5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

This was a major concern of mine all off season.

It showed last night.

6. chavisut

The safety pissed me off and was the beginning of the end for me last night.

7. chavisut

Last night was the night for 15 to be a focus.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Was that definitely a safety? I was 30 rows up in O and it looked like he got the ball across the goal line. We have a giant jumbotron and I was treated to a close up of Smokey instead of a replay of the play.

justingroves likes this.
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well he got more targets than pretty much the rest of the season combined. Still not enough. We’ve taken him away and made Trey Smith average. Improvement!

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If not for wanting to keep up an appearance around the bammers, barners, and dogs at work that I haven't given up and Tennessee fans aren't quitters, I might seriously not watch another game this season. My level of dismay is at an all time low.

Pruitt may get there (competitive), but it's not going to be this season. It most likely isn't going to be next season, and if recruiting falls flat, I say never (at Tennessee anyway). Putting aside that he's from the Saban tree, which didn't work well for us in the past, and from bammer, which also eventually flamed out for us in the past, some of the prescient question marks about his resume are starting to become concerns. Is he too inexperienced to be a successful head coach somewhere like Tennessee in its current state, and can he really be effective as a coach without having dominating talent on his team? I don't know the answers, and I don't think any of us do. All I know is near the least of my concerns is whether bammer comes calling him home in four years to replace Saban. Right now I just want to know if he is reflecting on his staff and players' performances last night and whether his approach thus far has been the right one.

I started to end the last sentence with something about being eager to see any changes, but that's a lie. Right about now, I don't give a crap about seeing another minute of Tennessee football. I'm just a fan who cares more than he thought he did and took an emotional beating last night. What do I know?

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

100%, wasn’t even close.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. chavisut

And we should have just ran a sneak to the left for a 2 yard gain on first down.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Quarte Sapp essentially (albeit very diplomatically) just publicly called Pruitt a liar.

14. chavisut

Saw that, yikes.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Better to give it to the guy who only tries to bounce it outside every time. Every. Time.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Who cares?

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The players, I’d imagine.

chavisut likes this.
  18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Might be the first thing.

19. NorrisAlan