Transfer portal

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Dec 2, 2019.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If someone's not enrolled, they should be free and clear to get out of the NLI imo

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Or the coach/coaches he developed a relationship with during recruiting are gone, so he wants to go to a school with coaches that he knows.

IP likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

If anything, restrictions on new scholarships per year needs to be relaxed to allow these folks to be able to end up where there is mutual desire.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Yeah I think the recruits will probably be allowed to move on.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I get it, I’m just being an ass. Back in the day though kids understood that coaches could move/get fired, sucked it up and played ball. It’s a different world now, for better or worse.

6. Savage Orange

Not enrolled being the key.

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I only have 1 caveat. Gotta speak to new coach first. I know they could give someone a hard time but better to learn common courtesy first. Lots of this transfer stuff is players recruiting players. At least hear from your new coach. You don’t like him that’s fine and best for everyone.

VOLinDAWGland and Tar Volon like this.
  8. Savage Orange

Cody Brown code browned his way into The Portal...

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Arik Gilbert is back in the portal and likely headed to JuCo. Good news for us if Bailey has a good year.

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Yep, the UF decommitment is probably due to academic ineligibility, reading between the lines.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

That could really hurt Florida next year. They have to replace the vast majority of their passing game production from this season. They’ll either be playing freshmen or upperclassmen who have mostly been riding the pine

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Mullen will still send a man in motion to the trips side and run an rpo to the other side where he outnumbers the defense and pick up easy yards. Over and over over.

sellsman11 likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Big Cat from Auburn heading to UCF now. Was hoping Gardner and Kodi could convince him to stick with us. We are thin at DE.

15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

He would have been good depth for sure but his greatest skill was kind of almost sacking people so I’m not sure it’s that big of a loss.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That would have been an upgrade over 'almost getting by the blocker' that we get most of the time.

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There aren't many true 4-3 defensive ends on this roster

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Henry T is back on campus

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

In a way that suggests maybe he will be staying here, or just tying up the semester?

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it means he's going through spring practice and is staying

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.