Transfers???!!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by rlclimer, Dec 1, 2015.

1. rlclimer

rlclimer New Member

What's the deal with all the chatter about Dormady wanting to transfer? Some people (which by the way i think are crazy) are saying that Kamara and Hurd's names are being thrown around as well. Anyone in the know on any of this? I would hate to loose Dormady. I don't believe for a minute that Hurd would leave. Not to mention Kamara has already transferred once, and the two of them are getting plenty of playing time.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Would be hilarious.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I wouldn't blame any offensive player that wants to transfer out of this shit offense.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As of yesterday, Dormady was still gone.

Not sure I buy the Hurd/Kamara stuff. I could see some receivers transferring.

5. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

no way hurd and kamara are transferring.

dormady would be a real shame to lose.. unfortunately, a lot of these guys (I think?) feel like they should all be starting major college programs as freshmen.
    that said, if you're dormady, you gotta keep thinking, "that's right dobbs.. just keep running the ball yourself.. keep taking the hits."

he's one solid hit away from being the guy.
    now if he were the #3 guy in rotation, i'd say he's gone.

might get interesting when Guantanomo Geronimo Guarantino shows up.

6. CardinalVol

THe problem is he's got a redshirt guy in this class the staff is higher on long term and G is coming in.

7. rlclimer

rlclimer New Member

Thats what i thought too. Where would he go and start right off? UT took a chance on him with the injury, not to mention the fact that Dobbs takes one good hit and he's the man! Wouldn't surprise me to see Preston go. Big time receivers don't sign up just to block!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Any WR who signs or remains with this team is a fool.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

No way Hurd or Kamara transfer.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I tend to agree. All Hurd would do is postpone getting to the NFL by a year.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

With the transfer rules being what they are, I'd agree. If Butch had a Mark Richt style revolving door, I wonder...

12. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

The offer of early playing time is why a lot of them decided to play for Butch Jones in the first place.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a better chance of Kamara declaring for the draft than there is of hin transferring

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Any other juniors/3rd year players that may declare?

15. CardinalVol

I'm under the assumption Sutton is gone.

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

It seems like his stock dropped a good bit, though.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

they probably got that from all directions, though

18. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

If you're a junior with an NFL future, why would you stick around with this staff?

If you're Hurd, maybe you realize that you're gonna get beat up just as much next year. The man has to fight his way out of the backfield before he gets to his regular job of trying to break into the secondary.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The dude is lucky to get 25 carries in a game while other premiere backs are often over 30 and sometimes approaching or over 40. I don't think he's getting any more beat up than any other star back.

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Bates will be at USF or UCF next season imo.