Trying to revive this board

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Tmac61, Oct 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

As you can see I have been busy on this board. I'm a big recruiting fan and I try to establish connections for insight. I, in no way, am going to pull the whole "I'm an insider" bullshit like is prevalent on VN and VQ but I will bring what little info I do have to this board.

You can trust that whatever I post in accurate as far as my knowledge goes. I don't bullshit. Just trying to get some recruiting discussion started. Please join in.

2. Tmac61

Also I tend to take the optimistic approach to recruiting but not to the "homerish" level. Lyle has proven to me and everyone he can get it done on the recruiting trail. Its probably the biggest reason he gets another season.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Yea but your friends with Card, hurts! Thanks for the info.

4. Tmac61

LOL. Card and I go wayyy back. Cedar Grove stand up!!

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I follow recruiting a little, but will never claim "inside sources" unless I actually have them.

I try to never get too excited until signing day. I'm also getting slightly pessimistic on Butch's ability to sell when the team looks awful on Saturdays.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

You guys are worthless. Sab is where it's at.

7. Tmac61

He's being doing it for two year and this class will end up good as well though not like the last two years. He may be a snake oil salesman but he knows how to do it. Relationship recruiting expertise. I have a lot of confidence in him as a recruiter.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He does do a good job of selling the program and not necessarily the coaches.

9. Tmac61

Bingo. And this offseason he MUST make coaching changes. We should be able to get the best QB coach in the country with the insane talent we have now and in the future.

Imagine coaching Dormady, Jones, Guarantano, Johnson and Lowrence back to back to back to back to back...

Back to Lyle...If he refuses to make the needed changes than it his funeral. For some reason I think he is going to take this route and 2016 will be a huge let down. Man is he bull headed. His tiny comfort zone will be his undoing at UT.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's a guy here in Denver that hasn't coached much, but may be an attractive name for the job. I'm assuming he's going to be available.