Tyndall's MOU - Tennessee Statement

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

From KNS:

(emphasis mine)

If this is true, and his MOU contains such broad and all-encompassing language (I have no reason to believe that it doesn't).....wouldn't even an allegation of wrong-doing, and of which Tyndall was aware - or should have been aware - be enough to support a termination with cause? Of course, Tyndall could (and almost undoubtedly would) fight being terminated "for cause", simply based on the AA presenting Southern Miss / him with a Notice of Allegations, if they so chose to do so?

Secondly, I re-read Jimmy Stanton's statement, made on behalf of Tennessee, regarding the Tyndall situation, and which states:

So, we have....

Tennessee has an extensive vetting process - check.
    Neither anyone at the AA nor Southern Miss brought any issues to Tennessee's attention - check.

So, what's the one statement that is rather glaringly missing, here? What's the ONE THING that you'd hope that Tennessee would be able to say here, but doesn't?

I'm probably reading too much into it.

Link: http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/...-ncaa-asks-ut-defends-hiring-process_43930031

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

An allegation of wrong-doing would seem insufficient for termination.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Allegedly.