[uck fay] Florida

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Sep 14, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

cimaglia would be a legend

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Except for the last time Tennessee beat Florida

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Unless it's 3 TDs and 3 missed XPs. And 18-16 is only the 'final' score in a [ddiapos] type of finality.

Florida kicks a 56 yd FG to win after the came has been called to win 19-18. Vols.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like we've seen that episode, though.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

The kicker tore his ACL earlier in the game making a tackle on the would be go ahead kick off return for a touchdown. Vols still scored, but ate up too much clock, which leads to the Gators kicking the FG with no time left. The punter is the holder, and no one else has experience with it. They had to resort to using a walkon 6'3", 280 lb guard who kicked an XP one time in high school.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Memtownvol and IP like this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Only question I have is which is higher - points scored or number of times JG is sacked?

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Sacked. Easy question.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

9 safeties. Defense plays out of their minds.

I hate math.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Touchdown, three FGs and with time running out, Florida scores a TD to tie and we block the extra point and run it back for 2 point conversion.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. Savage Orange

Who’s gonna be our 1990 (vs Ole Miss) circa Fred White? Or Floyd Miley at South Bend?

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think you’re reading that wrong, in two important ways, first, he’s predicting Tennessee to give up 8 safeties, and secondly, that’s just his prediction for the first half.

IP likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't mean to be picky, but it would be nice to be in a 4th quarter where we are comfortably in control and just smothering out the clock against a major rival. used to do that 2 or more times a year. now it is 2 times a decade. if that.

13. Tenacious D

Is anyone old enough to remember the game in the late 80’s where we were playing at Miss St., and their RB busted a huge run up the middle on the first series, and Terry McDaniel not only reeled him in at Tennessee’s 10 yard line (or thereabouts) but tackles him and stripped the ball out, too? Tennessee recovered, and routed them, IIRC.

Good times, the 80’s.

SeabeeVol and Savage Orange like this.
  14. Tenacious D

I’m still stuck on “don’t lose your home opener to a 2-10 Sun Belt team”, and don’t have time for this pie-in-the-sky shit.

Memtownvol, warhammer, IP and 2 others like this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Damn. JG gonna get sacked at least 51 times while we drop half a hundred in the swamp. Should be entertaining.

16. Savage Orange

Yes. I am that old. I was at the ‘90 UT Ole Miss game where White ran the attempted kick back. Notable to me for the win, of course, but also because I saw and got to meet Chucky Mullins.

Tenacious D likes this.
  17. Savage Orange

This. Short of winning out, ain’t nothin’ gonna cover that stank.

18. Savage Orange

And I still might need to see UT face BYU in the playoffs (after having beaten Bama twice in the same season) to really scrub it once and for all...

justingroves likes this.
  19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

99.8% of fans will forget GSU happened if they drain the swamp.

NorrisAlan and Tenacious D like this.
  20. Savage Orange

The other .2% are reasonable, intelligent and able to remember when UT was above having to even remotely consider losing games like that...

10SEvols and utvol0427 like this.