Unique opportunity starts this week

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 7, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

We are playing in a game this week that would serve as a platform to squeeze into the top 25 right before playing #1 LSU at home. The next week, we play #2 Alabama.

Should the unthinkable happen, we could have the opportunity of playing the #1 team two weeks in a row. Playing well in the coming stretch could easily vault Tennessee's perception nationally to a height that has been missing since the Kiffin year, and in a purely positive light that we haven't experienced since perhaps 2004.

It is obviously practically impossible for us to go at least 2-1 over the next 3 games, but it is an opportunity nonetheless.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Haven't thought of it that way, IP.

Helluva chance if the stars could align.

3. Vader

Vader New Member

I have been telling my friend at work who is an OU grad that he is going to be really happy with us after we beat the #1 team in the country two weeks in a row.

I can almost get through the sentence with a straight face after lots of practice.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm scared if Dooley wins against Bama or LSU he'll get a lifetime contract

I'm being sarcastic by the way

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If Dooley beats both Bama and LSU, I might name a kid after him.

Also joking.

6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It is a good opportunity, unfortunately I think they can string together two near perfect performances and still go 0-2 in that stretch. Then again, Kentucky was number 2 a few years ago after winning some games they weren't supposed to, so who knows

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee goes 2-2 they are a legit threat to win the east.

8. vol_in_ar

vol_in_ar Member

2-2 is what I'd like to see, and i think this game and the USCjr games are the ones we have to win