Up & Coming CFB Coaches To Keep An Eye On Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Savage Orange, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Deion Sanders immediately comes to mind (along with a few others) but who are some others that are either HC’s at smaller schools or assistants at bigger schools that aren’t usually mentioned as potential HC candidates?

Discuss.

2. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Butch

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Deion could definitely be a great HC at a big time school. He's got a (pseudo-)National Championship - Berryman poll gave it to FSU in 1987, whoever that poll is. 2x unanimous All-American, Jim Thorpe, 8x All-Pro(6x first team, 2x 2nd, 2x 2-position all-pro 1st team in same year with CB/KR in 92 and CB/PR in 98), DPOY and 2x Super Bowl champ.

Add in the fact he's got Jackson State going for their best season since at least 1999 (earliest I could find: https://americanfootball.fandom.com/wiki/Jackson_State_Tigers, so probably since earlier) in his second season, he's proven he can manage a team pretty well on the other side too.

If I'm an AD, I definitely give him a call. He's made his millions, so a blue blood in the trenches could probably coax him away for less than some of these other mega contracts being handed out (I think his "win big, win fast" ego at a big name would outweigh his need for the biggest contract).

You get a household name who has won on an individual and team level in both college and pros, has proven he can coach at the FCS level, a big personality that can easily get recruits. A way better bet than 95% of the other "up-and -comers" that have gotten a shot.

4. Savage Orange

I suppose the buzz around Will Healy has died down considerably…

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nah, he's still a good one

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I just hate that he has the turnover trash can like Butch.

justingroves likes this.
  7. Savage Orange

Geez… that’s an automatic disqualifier for me. Aping ANYthing Botch did makes me question Healy’s judgement.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I couldn’t care less about any of that stuff tbh