Urban Meyer and the trainwreck at Florida

Discussion in 'Sports' started by justingroves, Sep 17, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

http://espn.go.com/college-football...rnandez-percy-harvin-rise-fall-florida-gators

An excellent story on how Urban lost control then decided to quit at UF

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It's a little damning, but they did a lot of editorializing to make them sound like decent folks. Urban's a sleazy, sleazy cat.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

In a sport ran by liars, he stands out as a chief.

4. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

good read.

5. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

As usual, I'm in the minority. I have nothing against Meyer, except he keeps coaching programs I hate.

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A trainwreck with two national championships to go along with it? Where do I sign up?

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't have anything against him either, aside from the programs he coaches. My comment was just that the piece was sanitized to make him appear simply competitive rather than sleazy.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Liked him at both Utah and Bowling Green. Really didn't know much about him other than that he destroyed everyone, so I didn't have any sort of opinion on his personality. It was funny how few people believed in him when he went to Florida. To me it was obvious he was going to dominate and I hated that. Same deal at OSU. I'm betting his next stop is Notre Dame or the Patriots, just to keep in line with his selection of teams I dislike.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Would take him yesterday.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Of course

12. CardinalVol

I think Petrino is the lone coach too slimey for me to be able to handle. Maybe Brian Kelly. Maybe.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Petrino, Freeze, Brian Kelly, James Franklin and I don't think I could handle Malzahn's wife speaking on his behalf.

14. CardinalVol

Ah, I meant the top, top tier. I don't include Bucky Beaver or Franklin in there.

Meh, I'd stomach Malzahn's wife.

15. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

90 percent of college coaches are dirty and do these things. Meyer is just guilty of being a better coach than all of them. I don't particularly like him, but I respect him. He'll go down as one of the best of his era.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

All of these guys are dirt. Especially Kelly.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Meyer is a great coach.

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

He's always struck me as being wound a little too tightly even before his meltdown after the SECCG.

19. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I hate the ****er and just naturally assume he molests underage farm animals in his spare time.

20. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

He's one of the worst human beings on the planet.