UT and USC Who wins? And why?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

UT 16
    USC 14

Home game, at night.
    UT lines up and takes the small ray of light running the ball against LSU and Bama, and turns it into a solid output. 125 to 150 yrds.
    Worley will be good enough when he has to be. I see him completing around 50 % of his passes for 175 to 200 yrds.
    UT finally wins a game in STs.
    USC struggles to run, which puts pressure on a inexperienced QB on the road.
    Spurrier has a couple of wrinkles that work, but nothing that sustains 4 quarters.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Heart says UT, brain says USC.

USC is in a must win if they want to claim the East, for all the good it will do them. I don't think Spurrier lets this one get away from him, without pulling all the stops. Expect to see a lot of 4th and go go and more than one all out attempt on a punt block.

I think USC wins this one, simply because our offense goes nowhere.

Hope I'm wrong, though. I just don't see Dooley matching the crazy at home. And though the man has balls (expect an onside kick and a fake punt), I don't think we do much with it, other than a field goal here and there. I think we keep it close, but I think USC kneels on it in the 4th.

UT 16
    USC 21

3. VOLFREAK11

VOLFREAK11 New Member

This is a tough call. If we can establish the run, which we've done better of lately, and take alot of pressure off Worley early I think we could win this one. However, I think Jeffreys will exploit our pathetic secondary and they will win. I could see this game going either way though.

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think the Vols pull out a close one here because of South Carolina's offense. The only main threat I can see is Jeffries and he's not going to beat us by himself. I expect a low scoring/defensive game where both teams struggle to consistently move the ball. Since Worley is bI'll say the Vols by 3 and Dooley gets his "signature win" if you want to call it that.

5. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

If we hold on to the ball and play well, we win. We turn the ball over, we lose. I'm hoping we can stop the run, and force Worley to throw.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Would be a great night for Devrin Young to get his first score. In a game with offenses this bad, that could be a backbreaker.

7. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

Coaches call the game to score points and win. Players finally feel like they've had enough and play smashmouth football. Spurdick throws visor a record number of times.

We have to win this game. I'm wearin' the pompom pants to work Monday. Already had a guy ask me if I was wearing orange and coming as a loser.

We have to win this game. There is no other option.

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I have absolutely no expectations about today. I just flat out don't know what Tennessee will do. They could come out flat as can be, they could come out firing on 5 cylinders (yeah, 5, no way we've got enough talent to fire on all six). More than likely it's somewhere in the middle. If Tennessee can establish a running game, I think we eek out a win. If that happens, there will be lots of FGs I believe. I don't expect much out of USCe's offense, but Spurrier will be creative enough to find ways to score against us.