UT Compliance Warns Students Not to Paint Rock

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This is (very) belated, but something which I haven't heard mentioned - was anyone aware of this Tweet from the UT Compliance Office on November 4th:

First, you might as well just remove the rock, entirely, as it now serves little to any purpose. And if we can't use it for recruiting, then the hippies shouldn't be allowed to use it as a means to advance their haphazard campaign for the legalization of marijuana.

My second thought is that perhaps this admonishment would be best applied in-house, you know, toward the UTAD / Football Offices, respectively, or as I like to call it, "the single greatest source of leaked information regarding the arrival of recruits on campus". Once the protected information has been unduly disclosed, how then can the person who received such unsolicited information be responsible for its safe-keeping? Simply, if you don't want the rock to be painted for recruits, get your own house in order to prevent it from leaking out, and stop blaming the fans who are only acting on that information which your department provided.

Finally, if they can't keep it in house, and if they find painting the rock to be of such concern - then can someone please explain Brent Hubbs to me? Please? This guy (a UT grad / "Booster" by any NCAA definition, I believe) not only solicits these sources from those inside the department (allegedly), but then sales said information directly to the fans.....for his own personal profit and gain.

I understand that these girls / guys at the Compliance Office are just trying to be proactive in their compliance efforts, both in the protective interests of the school, and to some degree, even we the fans - but at some point it just becomes ridiculous.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was under the impression this stuff was fine as long as the University didn't organize it.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

AA is worst than the US gvmnt.

4. NCAA compliance offices are pretty much the most disliked organizations in my immediate consciousness. When I think of anti-fun, I think NCAA compliance.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

What a joke. I don't care what the NCAA says, someone will still paint the rock for recruits. This can be our "Mississippi ST cowbell" rule that is never enforced.