Ut/usc

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Beechervol, Jan 20, 2015.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Thought USC played pretty well for having been pink socked.

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

For reference, 6 ft is also the distance from free throw line to high school 3 pt line. Had a couple coaches go ballistic on me when I called it that way. I hate how most refs reset the 5 s at way less than that.

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Scary, shaky win...but seriously...did you see this record at this point? Winning ugly with a piecemeal team is better than losing with superior talent and excuses. Thumbs up for the Cheater and I hope he stays. God bless a man that values today's win over preserving a players redshirt.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

did you throw em out

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Huge win for this team. Continue to be impressed despite the near collapse.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Am I wrong to think that we have a better than 50/50 shot at making the AA?

7. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Good game, guys.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You, too, Darth.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

The thread about what we had to do to make the AA said we needed 8 wins at the time. I think it was evident at that time we needed to win 6 out of 7 at home and win 2 road games. We already have the two road victories.

If we continue to shoot better from the outside we have a great shot. We do need to rebound better though.

Any team that struggles shooting from the outside we have real chance at beating with the zone we play. USCe showed that last night.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

I hate to throw out a cliche but it really is one game at a time with this team

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is the story on those uniforms you guys were wearing? Going to come out in plaid and stripes next game?

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I give us a puncher's chance, especially if we can make any noise in the SEC tourney. My worry is that the thin lineup will run out of gas come mid-February.

13. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Under Armour has been pushing urban camo on us since about 2009. I don't know if you recall, but they had us wearing similar uniforms at LSU for football in 2012. I actually thought those were pretty sweet. With that being said, the plain top with digital camo bottoms is a bit much. I really wish we would go to Nike.

14. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

This is true. They definitely have to close out games better. It will bite them somewhere down the road.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't mind the special occasion camo some teams would wear, but the casual militarization of college sports uniforms is a little disturbing. Makes me wonder of Winslow Jr's "We're soldiers!" was really so ridiculous, or just a few years ahead of its time. Probably best left to the service academies, imo.

16. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I agree. I don't mind it from time to time because honestly, I think some digital camo stuff is pretty cool. Under Armour goes way over the top, though, imo.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I thought Limpy had left.......

18. JohnnyQuickkick

If ever that cliche can be used appropriately it's with this basketball team

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Nice golf pants, sparty....

20. JohnnyQuickkick

I don't wear pants when I play golf