UVA, FLorida game times announced

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 31, 2023.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I remember that 2005 primetime CBS game the most during Urban's first year. Outside of the Auburn 2008 game that made my eyes bleed, that game is up there as one of the more boring, frustratingly slow defeats I can recall over the years. Rick Clausen and the offense played like trash. Couldn't do diddly poo all night despite our defense playing well enough to put us in a position to win. I think we had like maybe 35 grand total yards running the ball by the end of the game.

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That game saw the most dysfunctional outfit Fulmer had trotted out since the Maryland Peach Bowl. It showed that Fulmer hadn't just lost control of the team but also his coaches when Chavis yelled for him to "GET THE [uck fay] OUTTA MY HUDDLE" on the sidelines early in the game.

justingroves and ole_orange like this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea I think we all knew deep down then and there that the 2005 season wasn't gonna play out like we had envisioned going into 05. We knew that night that we needed to go ahead and cancel Pasadena reservations. Then the 05 UGA game was basically the exact same game a few weeks later officially signaling that the train had derailed for the Fulmer era. Will never understand how LSU allowed that shit team to win that game in Baton Rouge after we spotted them 21 points.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  4. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I’m totally blanking on the 2005 UF game…

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think we will just play down to the competition for this one. It's a meh game that not a lot of people care about. It will be a W but I don't think we will kill ourselves to get it.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It was a blank of a game. Nothing really worth remembering other than that night was the start of their streak from hell that they hung on us for a generation.

We traded touchdown drives in the first quarter. After 7-7 score it was a sloppy back and forth punt fest with Florida being able to at least extend their drives a few times into FG range in the second half that proved to be the difference. Was something like a 16-7 final. Disgusting game. Defense actually played their asses off and did their part. Offense though could hardly get a first down. Rick Clausen got the nod and unlike his brother who owned the Swamp was the anti-Casey Clausen that night.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Gonna curb stomp them.

Vols by fiddy

PilotFlyingJ, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I was excited to stick it to Elliot for being a puss on prime time.