Vols Scrimmage with GA Tech

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Oct 28, 2012.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Rucker saying people told him UT dominated.

2. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Nice. Going to be a fun squad to watch this year.

3. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

I went practice yesterday. Thought they looked really good. The way they play practices are going to look sloppy offensively. Sets they were running we're very good and effort was there. Yemi looked improved. Maymon didn't even dress.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Remember when for a second we thought UT had hired Brian Gregory? Dodged that one.

5. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

That would have gone slightly better than the Dooley era.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

There's something to be said for the psychological effect of opponents knowing before the ball goes up they're in for a long, rough night, win or lose.

7. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Word on the hoops grapevine is that UT looked very, very good. Coaches all comparing notes on their teams because a whole bunch of teams had scrimmages. Looking down the schedule, word is that West Virginia throttled Xavier.

8. murrayCod

murrayCod Member

love this; college sports needs more scrimmages

also: JV squads

9. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Love the X staff but they lost so much talent; they might be better by the end of the year but will be a down year for them. The recruiting should be solid though. Got Mike Pegues who played at DeMatha and has connections in DC area.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Slightly off subject, but how awesome would it be if college football did something like this in place of the spring football game? of course it would just become another money grab.

11. holleyab

holleyab New Member

I feel like the risk of injury would be far to great to make it happen in football, but it would be a lot of fun to see. Maybe they could play flag football or something.

12. vol445

vol445 Member

cant wait to see some bball, I wasnt real thrilled with the martin hire but that's because I really liked pearl.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm willing to bet by the time Martin is done, you'll say "Bruce who?"

14. Vespid

Vespid Member

I never liked Bruce Pearl and IMO his coaching was extremely overrated. Yes, I know his record.

15. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

UT crushed GA Tech... Golden I believe only took one shot, Stokes couldn't be guarded and Skylar was lights out from three.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This explains why Quinn has been hyping up McBee lately

17. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Can't remember exactly but I thought they said he was something like 6 of 8 from three against Tech; he looked good at the practice I went to last weekend... we'll see what happens when it's game time.