Vols vs Gators

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Good thing is our knoxville media gave away a few wrinkles evidently added in. Brilliant.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They really are the pussiest fan base of all time. By far the least deserving of success. It’s how you know karma isn’t a real thing.

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The OL is getting better while in turn JGs play has gotten worse. The OL is still good for a few plays where somebody is just running loose. The run game has been solid but you cant be 1 dimensional in this league. The DL (specifically the interior) is the biggest weakness on the team outside the QB. Our back 7 will have to be good and the DL have their best game. We have been really good in the kicking game.

I dont think UF is a top 10 team. And I still want to see Trask play a full game that he can lose as the QB before hes Tebow 2.0. That may happen Saturday but he was playing with house money last week and UK shelled out. Their defense is a bit beat up.

History tells me a lot of that dont matter regardless of who's coaching either team. I think the game is ugly I'm just not sure JG can play well enough to beat them.

UF 24
    UT 16

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Looked like Kentucky just sat in cover 4 with trask due to so many of their DBs being out.

Hopefully we show why he couldn’t even start in high school.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we are going to look ok early vs Trask, then Emory Jones will come in, run the read option and we will have trouble stopping them

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Entirely fair.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

zero pressure either. Thought it was football 101 to pressure the [uck fay] out of a replacement QB, especially early.

8. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

If Mullen is smart.

Not sure how good of an arm or football IQ Jones has, but any mobile quarterback will destroy Tennessee's defense.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Tennessee has a penchant for making backups look like heisman trophy candidates.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I didn't realize that D'Eriq King was the QB who he was behind in high school. Oh man, he's gonna throw for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns against us.

lylsmorr likes this.
  11. rockytopblues

rockytopblues Member

I have seen nothing so far that makes me believe Tennessee wins this game. I see it as a beatdown from Florida. Those Florida players believe they can beat us handily, and they will hit the field with confidence, especially at home. The only thing giving Tennessee a chance in this game is a bunch of what ifs. Not buying in until I see it on the field. That's just how it is for me. I will check the score periodically on my phone, but I will enjoy my son's soccer tournament this weekend.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's about time for Jauan Jennings to do something else legendary

OneForVol, utvol0427 and hohenfelsvol like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If he does, just build a statue for him.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Again

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Gonna throw a TD.......

.....to himself.

hohenfelsvol and Memtownvol like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

For 99 yards

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’ve talked myself into Florida because they were bad and we were improving like five out of the last seven years. But we always get on that big stage and lay an egg.

I think I might actually feel better this year because we’re two-touchdown underdogs and nobody is giving us a chance. I don’t think we’re winning this game, but I think we’re a lot better than our first two weeks showed, and we’re going to ugly it up enough to keep it competitive late in the game. Ultimately, I think their DL is just going to be too much for us, and I wouldn’t surprise if they get a big drive off the bench from Jones.

Florida 27
    Tennessee 16

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

31-13 Florida

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

We couldn’t score 31 against Ga State, and we had a few overtimes.

20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think it was 99 that the band kids were saying that they had urine thrown on them.