Von Pearson Secret Weapon?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KenTenn, Jul 1, 2014.

1. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Interesting article on Von Pearson as Vols secret weapon. Which I think isn't so secret anymore.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...why-von-pearson-will-be-vols-x-factor-in-2014

My personal belief is he will be just one of the several hard to defend WRs we will field. the true secret weapon will be Devrin Young or Justus Pickett as slightly undersized RBs who will scorch defenses periodically. I look at hem as being somewhat like Jeff Demps and Chris Rainey.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Oh goodness. Von will scorch them with his secretions.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Devrin Young is nothing like Demps or Rainey.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Awaiting a thread claiming the greatness of Jancek and Bajakian.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Holy shit. That is a ****ing retarded comparison.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Only if you are accounting for speed and playmaking ability in the comparison. Otherwise, pretty much the same.

7. InVolNerable

Demps is an Olympic sprinter. Rainey was a part of the NCAA winning 4x1. Devrin can catch punts cleanly most of the times. We'll call it a wash.

8. KenTenn

Not really. I think when Lane and Hurd have slammed, bammed, and dammed the defensive line for 3.5 quarters, scatbacks like Young and Pickett will just through and around those tired and worn down guys with relative ease. They just won't be up to chasing the bottled lightning no longer bottled.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Cody Blanc reminds me a lot of Percy Harvin.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Lightning bugs always died when I put them in bottles.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bash and Dash

12. InVolNerable

You gotta poke holes in the lid.

13. KenTenn

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Rainey and Demps ran by people in the first quarter before they got tired. Not taking shots at Young but he hasnt done that at any point to date.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

same guy. It's because of all the other guys on the team wearing down people.

16. KenTenn

I don't think you understood the role I see Young and Pickett. Think of them as mop up squads after the tanks and regular infantry have done the heavy fighting and proceeded to the next objective. But you still got enemy stragglers in the area.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

If 2/3 of the defense dies or is maimed on any given play, I think Young and Pickett can approximate the Florida duo. 100% agree.

19. KenTenn

At least somebody can read, I mean understands what I'm saying. [whistling nonchalantly]

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I paraphrased for you, but the entire notion is still utterly ridiculous.