Walt Wells DUI arrest....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by 'BoroVol, Feb 10, 2017.

1. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2017
  2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Hahaha! It's a circus up there!

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Eh, from last year, he already pleaded guilty and took a reckless driving charge. Suspended two weeks.

4. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

I'm not piling on Wells....Mistakes happen. My issue is with the administration's judgement. Apparently this isn't a big deal to many, but I think it makes for a bad optic.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I agree. But I believe in past dues paid are paid. Now, he goes out and does it again, that is a different story.

6. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

That's really the issue isn't it? Say it happens, and somebody gets hurt, or worse. What position has the University now put itself in? This then goes from past dues being paid, and a second chance, to a major incident that the University has to answer for, at leat in the press. This is why you have an AD...To approve or veto these type of decisions in the best interest of the university.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Bama fans would have already immolated the arresting officer and judge by now. We still have a long way to go as a fanbase.

8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Sure, it would look bad if he messes up again, but that fact doesn't change how it gets played in my opinion. Maybe at some point popular opinion will force DUI into demanding more than a slap on the wrist, but we aren't there right now.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's a no-name non-upgrade that isn't worth the risk. The risk/reward for every decision we make is just preposterous.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

That's certainly fair. I meant just generally DUI isn't considered a big deal in the workplace.

11. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

Exactly...Thanks for crystallizing my thoughts on this.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Hyams making last year's news seem fresh. Just his style.

13. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

You don't think if this had been a starting left tackle we would have known the intimate details by the time the morning news came on? Why is a low level coach being shielded from the same scrutiny?

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I get it. Just find it ironic the man who can't get break a story on something that's happening today breaks one a year old. If he were any good he would have know it before it broke.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is my problem with it. It's not like they are giving a guy that is a top tier coach a second chance, they are doing it with a guy that is better suited for coaching at the NAIA or high school level.

16. 'BoroVol

'BoroVol Member

I don't disagree on Hyams...He's a rube

17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I've seen folks lose their job over less.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It depends on the workplace.

Hell, half of my employees have had one, but I've known a lot of people get fired for it

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We just learned Groves works for the West Virginia football team

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Haha