We are Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

But Sexton works very closely with Armstrong, even with both being in different firms.

2. Tenacious D

He fired him last summer to go with Sexton. Many assume that this was singularly because Armstrong failed to get him a raise and extension after last season. Others believe that while that's certainly part of it, it was just as much (or more) a result of Armstrong not being able to get another suitably safe landing spot elsewhere, for the last two years.

I think I've read somewhere that Butch has been extremely unhappy here for at least a couple of years, and has been desperately hoping to get out of Knoxville by accepting another gjg somewhere else. But, despite the immensity of both Armstrong of Sexton's powers, it seems that there are a finite number of foolish AD's in the world, after all.

3. Tenacious D

This is the exact answer, and which the Haslams have supported throughout, IMO. JMHO.

The question is if anything has fundamentally changed with the departure of Hart, Cheek and Martin - and the arrival of Davenport and Currie. I think we're about to soon find out.

4. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Shoop fired Armstrong? I know Butch did.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think Shoop did

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Trace worked for Sexton.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Didn't realize that. Does he still or has he gone out on his own?

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Went to another firm that gave him a better opportunity. One of his clients now is Chip Kelly.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

What do you mean 99% of us?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The Tennessee fan base as a whole.

11. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

And this is the only question that really matters, because all consequences ultimately come from the answer.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If he's not gone by next week, the silence will be deafening.

13. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

The fans are so desperate they’ll buy into anyone. It’s about time they make a hire that we here buy into as well.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Been fired yet? No? Shock face.