We At Least Look the Part

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I just want to go a season without catching a bunch of shit from my friends every weekend about how bad we are.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stone is snapping shotgun snap lefty and under center snaps righty

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Move to alabama, then you will really mean this. Although friend is a strong word to be used in my case.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's still possible Gooch or Crowder end up starting

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I brought most of it on myself. When Kiffin was closing up his first full recruiting class right before he left, the future looked extremely bright. I made sure to let everyone know about it. Then we got Dooley.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I brought it on myself as well. Kids have to eat and all, but there's nothing worse than living in bammer during times like these.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Living in bama during '98 would still be shitty beyond my ability to tolerate.

8. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

This makes zero ****ing sense to me. Has there ever been another occurrence of this ever?

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I did, and you are right.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, **** Alabama.

11. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I agree, Thats why I joined with a few Aubbies to help torment them all I can. When they were going through their down time, you never heard a word from them. Let them start winning again and they become royalty.

12. O+W=H.

O+W=H. New Member

I ain't seen no bamboo yet.

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, most of the 00s were good times. You never heard much out of them unless it was to bash Phillip Fulmer during the Albert Means fallout years. I still think that winning against Tennessee was what did Mike Shula in more than losing games the next year. Winning that game caused the bubbas to start paying attention to the football program and worry less about Fulmer was going to show up in court and get his due after he was beaten on the field.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yeah, on paper we look the part but the reality is that although size certainly helps it won't amount to a hill of beans without good coaching. I'm also interested to see how good our depth is this year and if there will be a noticable drop off when they enter the game. I can't seem to shake my optimism for our offense. I just think we have way too many weapons not to score at least 24 points a game. Our defense is what I question more than anything else. I'm in that quasi-state of being optimistic but wouldn't be shocked or letdown if they had some problems with the new system. It may turn out to be one of those situations where the defense gets better as the year goes on. Who knows...