We can't even cheat well

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If it’s true that Kirby/UGA dropped the dime, they need to remember that adage about people who live in glass houses...there’s no way they can recruit like they’ve been recruiting without some iffy shenanigans going on...

Memtownvol likes this.
  2. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Any other coach with 1/2 of a brain cell would realize what kind of position Heavy put us in with Coach Gomer and know that we were able to conveniently use this to get rid of a problem. I'm sure Hugh Freeze or Jamey Chadwell wouldn't think twice about coming because both would feel they wouldn't be so God awful that Tennessee would literally have to try to find an excuse to fire them with cause.

I think it was alluded to last night on Basilio's postgame that Gomer is not well liked among the administration and many others at UT now as he's been rubbing a lot of people the wrong way lately.

What's going to happen is they are going to let the guy go home and bury grandpa and then he'll come back and negotiate a buyout with UT and go on his merry way. UT could play hardball but they'll do something and offer him a bit of a golden parachute and say either take this or we can do things the hard way and play like Arkansas did with Bielema. His few brain cells will collide enough to fire his mouth into saying, "Aight" one more time. He'll sign the paperwork, agree to keep things quiet and not disparage Tennessee publicly, and take his goofy ass back to Alabama.

VOLinDAWGland and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If he negotiates a buyout, sure, I think that’s fine. If we try to nitpick over legal details to fire him for cause and pay him nothing, even if his results are demonstrably bad, I think that sends a really bad message to prospective employees.

A-Smith and IP like this.
  4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

You act like getting fired by UT is an unattractive proposition.

Edit: I see you clarified in next post. Yeah I'm pretty sure it's just leverage to negotiate a buyout.

IP likes this.
  5. UTVolinExile

UTVolinExile Chieftain

Trey Wallace said yesterday that there are more allegations coming and that in his opinion, UT would have sufficient grounds to fire Pruitt for cause on Monday. He also said he did NOT believe that the violations have been manufactured in order to leverage a buyout (which isn't to say they couldn't be used exactly that way). Finally, he also said that the allegations he is aware of are dumbfoundingly blatant. TIFWIW.

6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

So we are 2 months into investigating 2 UT players using a credit card to take a recruit to Calhoun’s? Really? Surely there’s more to it. Unless it’s a fishing expedition. Then that’s douchie

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

He'll get a nice severance. They always do.

Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's only a big story because he is on the hot seat. These things do get looked into, and it can take time to go all the way through.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hugh Freeze doesn't know how to operate without cheating.

Chadwell has also been caught already using ineligible players.

10. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Here's one article and then a blip from another article:
    https://www.postandcourier.com/colu...cle_2d2fcd50-d228-11e8-8bc3-77405819dd6d.html

Chadwell’s Charleston Southern program also had to vacate two Big South conference championship seasons for violating NCAA rules. The violations included bookstore staff allowing players to use their scholarship money on non-academic items and the athletic department certifying athletes in 12 sports (including football) who were not academically eligible.

However, Charleston Southern admitted in the NCAA decision that it was the athletic department’s failure to train staff members on academic certification rules and scholarship stipulations that led to the charge of failing to monitor the program, not any direct actions by Chadwell.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You aren't that naive, are you?

12. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Everyone cheats. But I have tried to research and I've read several articles on what happened here and it's just not that big of a deal. It wasn't just the football program either. Some of it with kids buying school merch at the bookstore - that's Mickey Mouse bullshit. Who cares? I would still take Chadwell over most everyone except Campbell and Fickell which I doubt either would be headed here.

13. Savage Orange

Moose is definitely done at UT. Whether Pruitt goes with him remains to be seen... I could see an ugly fight over buyout $$$ ensuing and if it plays out that way, there isn’t any way UT is able to hire a coach worth a crap unless Freeze is so desperate to get back into big boy football he takes whatever offer Heavy puts out there. I don’t see it happening. My bet is that Neidermeyer takes the fall and Pruitt (barely) survives.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

beat me to it. Pretty sure even briles got his buyout

15. Savage Orange

Now I’m seeing some dude claiming that Eric Gray was going to enter “The Portal” and was paid (no mention of by whom...) not to... Fulmer found out about it and self reported, supposedly. The “No bowl because COVID” story is all smokescreeny and whatnot, and Pruitt is getting the axe after the new year with a reduced buyout...

According to random internet guy claiming “insider knowledge”.... TIFWIW, which is not much. Just bringing it to the table for discussion.

16. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Just read this article where this guy says that Gray is believed to no longer be on the team. There won't be anybody left if Gomer is kept around much longer - except Harrison Bailey and his daddy apparently.

https://www.chattanoogan.com/2021/1/5/420950/Roy-Exum-Vols-Are-Stagnant.aspx

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

18. Savage Orange

A coworker was telling me he saw an article (SDS, maybe?) on the looming UT investigation that said Georgia was “on deck”... anyone else seeing that?

19. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Dan Patrick reported it this morning

Savage Orange likes this.
  20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Smells like Alabama stirrin the pot.